•You're ᴅᴇᴀᴅ If You're ʀᴇᴅ•

Nagisa's POV:

Everyone loves the first day of school, right? New year, new classes, new friends. Okay, so maybe not new friends but acquaintances since the infatuation of a certain red-head to me since our first year of Highschool has made others to not even befriend me at this point.

That personality has been pestering me to date him for more than two years. We are in third year of Highschool now. Like, come on. Take a hint for God sake! I just don't want to date him because I don't have to!

Enough of him, let me continue what I was saying.

Yeah. The first day of school. It's a day of full potential and hope, before all the dreary depressions of reality show up to ruin all the fun.

By depression I may also mean him.

Anyways.

I like the first day for a different... reason. Well, you see that I have a power. When I look at people, I can... sense a kind of aura around them.

A colored outline based on how long that person has to live.

Most people I meet around my age are surrounded by a solid green hue which means they have plenty of time left. A fair amount of people have a yellow-orangish tinge to their auras that tends to mean a car crash or some other tragedy. Anything that takes people before their time. The real fun is when the auras venture into the red end of the spectrum, though.

Every now and then, I'll see someone who's basically a walking spotlight. Those are the ones who get murdered or... Well, you know. It's such a rush to see them and know their time is numbered.

Still, my power has a limitation. The auras are like predictions of their lives for the day. You can say if I had orange colored aura yesterday indicating I may face some kind of danger, I can have some other color aura today.

It's just your luck how hard will your bad luck strikes you. Even If I ever had red colored aura at some point, as long as I make the right choice, I can save myself.

And that applies to me only. Since I am the one who see colors. The others are unaware of it, aren't they?

It's complicated if you ask me.

I haven't seen my aura of the day yet. More like, it hasn't shown itself yet.

With that thought in mind, I was making my way towards the class hurriedly.

The earlier I am, the more I can observe.

Unfortunately, I bumped onto the devil himself whose bag black fell on the ground with thud and tink sound.

How odd.

"I'm sorry," I helped him pick up his bag, and apologized.

"There's a big surprise in it." He winked.

I sighed.

"Aren't you coming to the class?" I asked.

"I am I am. Just need to put this away and bring my other bag."

I was confused but didn't proceed the conversation for my own sake. I continued my way towards the classroom. Though, I turned around once to look at his disappearing back.

Green color.

Damn. Lucky guy.

Once when I entered the classroom, I decided to take the side by the windows. The first kid who walked in after me was radiating red.