1

Raavi watched the scene before her eyes helplessly as she held a completely petrified Rishita in her arms, pacifying her. Her Dhara di was whipping Krish for scaring Rishita out of her wits. Streams of tears flowed through Raavi's eyes as she saw her devar crying in pain. It was two weeks since her marriage into this family and Krish was the closest to her.

Suddenly, Shiva stood in front of Krish claiming he was behind all this and explained his reason for doing so. An unconvinced Dhara started lashing him as well. Raavi looked on horrified as her husband stood there like a rock, taking each whiplash with a slight wince. Something stirred deep within her. In a swift movement, as though all her reasoning had left her, she made Rishita sit in a chair and quickly ran towards Shiva, standing there as a shield between him and his bhabhi.

The whiplash hit a bit of her stomach, three-fourth of her arm and curved around most of her back. It stung like hell. Amidst her burning skin and tears, all of Raavi's clouded judgements cleared one by one, giving her a clear answer. 

Throughout her childhood, though she claimed to love Dev, she spent most of her time annoying Shiva. She realised she looked forward to fighting with him than being lovesick around Dev. Maybe she never loved Dev and what she had was just a silly schoolgirl infatuation on someone who seemed goody-goody. That was what it must be Raavi concluded because no girl with a broken heart would enjoy a fight with her enemy-cum-husband over something as trivial as a window seat while the guy she loved was getting cozy with his wife in front of her eyes. 

Coming back to Shiva, he was the roughest person she had known and he totally detested her. But she always knew, even before marriage, that, though he hated the sight of her, he never wished her downfall by heart and was the first one who jumped in to save her from hanging (an action of hers that she totally regrets). When he stood up for her against Rishita saying "Raavi, Raavi naam hai iska", her heart filled with hope at this apnapan- maybe she wasn't in the wrong place after all. 

Everything he did after that - respecting her womanhood amidst the kidnapping, saving her from the goons, treating her softly after coming back as she needed rest, knowing just how to face her food allergies, wiping away her tears, speaking up for her to Dev - just everything had her falling for him. Now thinking about it, her fights with him kept her on her toes and was the main reason she got up eagerly every morning. Dev was never her type. Shiva was, Shiva is, and Shiva will always be the one for her. She gasped as it dawned upon her. She was in love with her Bhoothnath!

He didn't love her but it didn't matter. She could happily live with whatever he is offering her now and her own love for him. And maybe just maybe, someday he too would love her she hoped. All these thoughts made her blush and she smiled with her head bent down, with her skin still stinging, waiting for the next blow on her that never came.

Shiva knew explaining the reason behind his kaand would only infuriate his bhabhi more and so he was fully prepared for the rain of blows. He regretted his mischief when he saw Rishita almost struggling to breathe and accepted his punishment wholeheartedly. But what he did not expect to happen was Raavi becoming his shield in a split second. The shock on his face replaced with horror and dread, as a chill ran down his spine. No, this can't happen. This definitely can't happen. His maami-ki-behen-ki-beti cannot be hit for no fault of hers and definitely not for him. When he could not see her hanging from the fan, how could he see her getting whipped.

He looked at Dhara bhabhi who was livid with anger that she could not even see that she had hit Raavi instead of Shiva. So Shiva did what he never dreamt he would do. Before the second whip hit Raavi, he held it with one of his hands, the other one holding Raavi's shoulder, supporting her. He looked at Dhara, bringing both her and Raavi out of their trance. The entire family including Shiva himself were shocked at this new development. He had, without second thoughts, gone against his bhabhi to protect Raavi!

Hey guys, I'm a new writer who is so much in love with Shiva Raavi. Please do let me know in comments if you like my writing or have any suggestions and criticism. I would love to better it because this is for all my fellow fans who love the depth of their characters just as much!