LTC71

My eyes went half closed as the pendants lights welcomed my sight. I never thought that I'd be here alone again. I looked at the superbly arranged bottles of wine and emmited a nonchalant shrug.

My palms glided to the hinge of my jaw when the ambiance of fermented grapes and cherries crossed my system. Don't embarrass yourself, Shantria. You're a stupid witch in flesh when you're tipsy.

To block the whispers of temptation, I shamelessly sipped on my coffee.. I bought it and went here just for the feeling of going wasted which I couldn't. I took an oath to never drink recklessly again. But I'm glad that I did it for once. My stubbornness brought me to an encounter I will never dismiss from my memory.

Guilt pinched my gut as I glanced at my bag. I shut my phone down. Knowing that my brother and the girls would be worried, I turned it off. I closed my fists and sighed painfully.

Escaping has always been the first thing to knock on my head when something's bothering me.. hurting me..

"You repeated high school, really?" The elegant lady mocked.

Napakurap kurap ako, hindi alam ang sasabihin. "Maayos n-na yung grades ko ngayon, I don't skip c-classes nor fail my exams anymore, too." I explained, a bit hopeful that she'll be glad and praise my improvement.

She told me she's Hichasen's relative and she wants to know about me since he's courting me. I need to make a good impression. I feel like I need everyone's approval from his family.

"Don't you know that Chase is pursuing Architecture? And yet he's freeing almost a half of his time to you. You always ask for a date, video calls and other childish schemes to satisfy your cheap idea of dating. Don't you know how to adjust?" Tuloy tuloy ang pagsasalita niya kasabay ng pag init ng sulok ng mga mata ko.

I always fight back. But when the matter involves him, all my guards are down. My heart is roaring of shame and disappointment for myself. Hindi na ako nakapagsalita at tinanggap na lamang lahat.

"I also heard that you aren't under your parents' roof now.." she said slowly while tracing her expensive purse with her forefinger.

I shivered and looked away. Gusto ko nang tumakbo palayo but that would be disrespectful. I swallowed hard. I didn't expect I would face a dilemma today when all I want was just to buy art materials and a cap for Hichasen.

"I'm sorry... I promise I will not be a disturbance nor a distraction to him. I won't ask for a date anymore... Hindi na rin ako tatawag at.. a-ayusin ko rin yung s-sarili ko.." I apologized instead because talking about my family really grips my heart until I cry.

Hichasen always tells me he wants to see me so I usually call. He also often arranges a date for us because he told me he wants to spoil me. I have no idea that I was being a nuisance all this damn time. Dapat nakiramdam ako.

She raised her brows in disbelief. "That would not be enough, lil girl. Tell him stop courting you and go on with your life. Fix your all your mess first before dreaming of having a man like Chase."

Her words are killing me alive. Listening to her is a torture but I can't even move my feet now. My lips and ability to speak are now gone. Because I know that she's right. I am a rebellious daughter who can't even stand on her own without her brother.

I was even labeled as an ungrateful child. Little did they know, I only wanted to be heard and understood.

"His family would surely disapprove of you. You don't want him to go against her mother's will, right? He's a good son, Shantria. Almost a a saint.." She chuckled. "Please don't create unnecessary mess in his family. Yours is enough."