Chapter 17: A Mysterious Organization

Somewhere in the border of Daemonorops, a group of suspicious-looking people wearing dark cloaks that covered their entire bodies but their faces were in a discussion about something of great importance.

"I received a report that the hybrid is alive." The man who seemed to be the leader declared as he slammed the table loudly. Some of his subordinates flinched in surprise while the rest maintained their composure.

One of them, the shortest and youngest of the group who looked like he was still in his teens, raised his hand that caught the others' attention.

"Yes, what is it Aref?" The leader inquired in a stern manner that flustered Aref. "Hurry up so we can move on to the next step!"

"Y-Yes..!" He tried fixing his previous bearing into a more serious one. "Will you kill it-- the hybrid, I mean?"

*chuckle

*snigger

"Haha, you're so funny..!" The leader retorted after the laughs died down then started again. "Did you forget? The higher ups want us to only catch her to fulfill their grand plans."

"... what? Then, can I ask you why?" He inquired in a hesitating tone.

"Sorry, even the great me doesn't know. So, let's go back to our previous topic." They, along with Aref, nodded their heads in approval. "Eden, where is its whereabouts?" He turned to the direction of green-eyed, raven-haired man in his late 20s.

"About that leader, the spies reported to me that she's not in Hydrange anymore. Supposedly, according to our superiors, she will stay there until she turns 14. But she's already gone, which means that either the future was changed by the gods or there exists an anomaly that triggered a butterfly effect of her actions deviating from the prophecy."

*gasps

A few breaths were inhaled by everyone. A tick formed in the leader's temple and then he slammed the oblong dark oaken table, splitting it into two. The members balked while some just blinked their eyes in surprise.

'Why didn't these incompetent fools never reported this to me as soon as they got the information?! What will 'he' think of me when 'he' finds out about it? I bet 'he's' gonna slit my throat open or feed me to A-Class mana beasts.' The leader worriedly thought.

'I wonder what their true goal is. I've been a member of their organization for five years, they won't disclose that secret to me who is only a minor member. Hah, I wish I could gather more useful information and report it to ojiisama.' Aref nodded to himself after pondering about it.

"S-Sorry leader..!!" Everyone interjected.

"Forgive me leader..." Eden apologized but was pushed to the wooden wall with his neck being strangled by his superior's right arm. "U-Urgh..."

"It's all your f*cking fault, you f*cking moron!!" He let go of Eden and squinted his eyes at the rest to show his distrust towards them. "Now, did you hide anything else from me? Where is Captain Dekis?" They all avoided his intense gaze as they were too intimidated by the man.

Again, Aref was the only one who dared to raise his hand and nonchalantly thought he could ask their leader even with his sullen mood.

"Yes, Aref?"

"Leader, I think I saw them in a brothel at a town called Devvilf. They were drinking expensive booze not caring how much they spent." Their superior finally snapped.

"What?!!!" The 'leader' grabbed both of the youth's shoulders and shook it vigorously. "Can you repeat what you just said?!"

"They went to Devvilf, famous for having beautiful prostitutes."

*tch

"Those f*cking ingrates dare to mock my authority?!! I should teach those f*cking lowlifes their rightful places!!" He immediately stormed out of the room leaving his underlings dumbfounded.

"Aref-kōhai, what's with leader?" A gentle-looking man in his late 30s asked as he scratched his head in wonder.

"Oh Zano-senpai, leader got angry because of the report being late. It's not for you to worry about." The man named Zano slapped his junior's broad back.

"You're as cold as always..! Boo-hoo, why can't you just relax?"

"Senpai, we don't have time to dilly-dally." Aref sighed and tapped Zano's shoulder. "You should worry about how to make those two hybrids talk." He added and walked out from the scene.

'What's his problem?! I was just messing with him, how dare a newbie like him treat me like we're in opposite positions?!' Zano lashed out in his mind.

'That filthy criminal... if not for your usefulness along with the rest of the organization to gather information about the amalgam, I would've killed you a long time ago... though discreetly.'

***

Max's POV

My Sese-chan seem to be easily amazed of little things... I should elevate her standards so that no man could impress her in the future. Yes...

"Makkun. Sword. Know. Use?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side.

Why is she so cute? Who doesn't want to own her besides me? But if there really is anyone, I'd remove him or her from the face of the world.

"Yup, was I passable?" I humbly inquired.

"Hn!" She replied with a bright grin that earned many squeals from the spectators.

While the maidservants admired their little princess from afar, the knights covered me with their intense glares, seemingly wanted to let me know about their malicious intentions towards me.

'This little brat!!', 'F*cking two-faced kid who wants to mar Her Highness' innocence, just you wait!!', and 'I'm gonna kill you if I get the chance!!' are probably what some of them are thinking.

I'm sorry guys, but I've already set my eyes on her. But don't worry, I'll make sure to think of her only not like those stereotypic guys who prefer to love more than two women.

Welp, Sese-chan is already out of this world in terms of beauty, everyone would seek her attention and love.

Yes, she's the best girl you could ever have in your life, that's why I won't hesitate to eliminate possible love rivals.

"Don't think this'll be the last I'll meddle with you!!" Captain Plateosa furiously declared and scurried off to a random direction along with his subordinates leaving us with the female servants.

I held in my laugh when I heard my beloved's angelic voice.

"Why. Run?" She curiously tilted her head to the side that added more to her cuteness.

Ah, I can't take it anymore!! She's too cute!! It's like when the goddess of creation made us humans, she paid special attention in making her.

While the Coelacanthian Crown Prince was contemplating on how to describe her beloved princess' appearance, the involved party was internally crying for being watched by such an angel not knowing that he's the personification of a demon himself.