Chapter 1

Read the notes to understand some of the pirate lingo used in this fic.

Disclaimer: My only knowledge of pirates is from watching Pirates of Caribbean

Disclaimer: My only knowledge of pirates is from watching Pirates of Caribbean. I heavily rely on that and even watched the movie once again just to write this. I also watched some documentaries. Anyway, I'm not well-versed with Pirate vocabulary but I tried my best. Also, I didn't go all the way in as to not take away the enjoyment of reading by forcing or doing something wrong or shouldn't be used. So you'll see pirate vocabulary here and there but it's not used to the full extent. Please bear with me.

While doing my research I came across this blog, they had many interesting facts about the pirates. So, I learned that at that time it was the fashion for all men to be clean-shave. So they didn't have beards. Interesting, isn't it? There were also ship barbers. The ship's barber was also often the ship's surgeon.

Pirate Lingo:

*Scallywag - A kidding type of word that a superior pirate might call one of the rookie pirates

*Scurvy Dog - The pirate is calling you an insulting name

*Scabby sea bass - A stalwart of pirate vocabulary used to essentially to call your antagonist a rotten old fish! A funny but effective pirate insult by today's standards.

*Scourge of the 7 Seas - Pirate known as the worst kind

*Swabby – A sailor

*Addle - "insane" or "stupid".

*Cleave Him to the Brisket - An order to kill a man by cutting across his chest from the shoulders to stomach.

*Hearties - friends, crewmember

***

Jungkook stared at the ceiling aimlessly. His sensitive nose twitched at the stale stench that clouded his senses. He buried his nose to the collar of his tunic, cursing internally as the stench of his sweat turned his stomach. What wouldn't he give for a nice bath and a warm meal.

Loud laughter echoed through the walls of the dungeon. The guards were a bit rowdy tonight. Answering shouts echoed through the corridors. Some rattled the prison doors, shouting obscenities. His lazy gaze swept around the darkness of the room and to the dimly lit corridors.

For someone who used to rule the East Asian seas, this was certainly the worst punishment than death. Jungkook missed the wind beating on his face and the gorgeous views of the ocean from his deck. He hadn't slept a wink in the past six months without the lullaby of the ocean.

He was born on a ship, grew up in it for most of his life, and became the captain of his ship after the death of his father. Sailing was freedom. It was everything.

More laughter followed. Did they realize their days were counted too? They weren't far away from the guillotine themselves.

"You hear that, Jeon?" one of the inmates yelled from the opposite cell. "They're gonna execute you tomorrow at dawn."