Season Two, Episode Five: The Signal Tower

Six POV, The Signal Tower

Six screamed again as the Thin Man walked into the room. The static was near unbearable, and it hurt to blink. Six looked up at the man with great difficulty, yelling again as the static increased in near every aspect. His voice cut through the static. 

"What have we said about looking at me when you're not allowed to? Hm?"  the man said, laughing. An explosion rocked the building, and he growled. 

"What are those dimwits doing!?" His voice hurt, but the static faded enough for Six to look up. Although her limbs were restrained, she could shift, and she watched as the door fell off its hinges. Mono stood there, and Six thought back to the first time she had met him. This was eerily similar. Mono looked up at the Thin Man, and Six gasped when she realized that Mono no longer had his mask on. 

Mono POV, The Signal Tower Outer Wall, 1 Hour Earlier

Mono dropped from the wall, landing silently on the grass. Seven followed him, and Mono listened to the quiet swish of the rowboat oars as Five went back to the Runaway. Sneaking through the courtyard, Mono looked up at the guards. Many of them had prisoner jumpsuits on, and their faces were mangled beyond recognition. They made strange gurgling noises. Mono cringed. Why, oh why had the universe deemed him and his friends the ones who would have to fight all of the supernatural what's-its in the world? Mono crept out, gesturing for Seven to follow suit. Stepping forward, Mono sighed. He had been practicing this the entire ride here. Extending his hand out towards Seven, Mono offered a small nod. Seven looked at Mono's hand, hesitated only for a second, and grabbed it. Mono focused on the doorway, drawing the static to his body, surrounding it. Learning the Thin Man had used this magic had been a shock, but Mono had seen the usefulness in it as well. So, before they had left, Mono had grabbed every journal he could find on it and had practiced long into the night. The static faded, and Mono looked around, smiling. Mono feels Seven let go of his hand, then the sound of retching follows. Mono cringes slightly, remembering the first time he had teleported. 

2 Days Earlier...

Mono let out a yell, throwing the book against the wall. Everything he had tried had failed. Staring at the door to his quarters, Mono decided to try one last time before he truly gave up. He thought back to what the old journal had said, about focusing on the static, letting it flow around you, not through you. Mono closed his eyes, listening to the waves, and static began to flicker on the corners of his hearing. Mono felt his gut wrench, and suddenly he was on his butt on the top deck. Mono looked around, covered his mouth, and rushed to the side of the boat, emptying his stomach into the sea below. As he recovered, Mono smiled. Time to move on to something else. 

Present Time...

Mono gently patted Seven's back as the boy retched. Seven recovered, looking over at Mono. 

"What was that?" Seven asked breathlessly, staring at Mono. Said brown-clad boy shrugged. 

"Something I've been working on. Got us past the sentries, didn't it?" 

Seven stared at him, before shaking his head. Mono pointed down a hallway. 

"You go that way. I'll go this way. Let's hope we can find Six." Seven nods, turning and hurrying down the hallway. Mono turned, reached up, and pulled his cloak off, staring at it. If he was finally going to face the man that had introduced him to his magical capabilities, Mono wanted the man to see his face. So, he tossed his cloak on the ground, his mask following suit. A loud scream comes from the hallway in front of him, and Mono looks up. He hadn't realized he had been walking, too caught up in his own thoughts. Shaking his head, Mono runs towards the scream, stopping midway when he spots a large pile of gunpowder barrels. Smiling, Mono pulled a flintlock out and pulled the trigger. The explosion rocks the tower, blowing a massive hole in the wall. The tower begins to tilt, and Mono continues towards the screams. Pulling his sword, Mono gets deja vu. Bringing it up, Mono strikes the cell door, hard. The door collapses, and Mono tosses his bent sword away, staring at the large, gangly man in front of him. Six is behind him, bound to a table. As the tower crumbles around them, Mono raises his hands and smiles. 

A/N: I decided to skip the Watchers, mostly because I couldn't figure out how to fit them into the story, and also because I actually wanna finish this book. I will have another book containing just random moments that wouldn't really work for the action-packed story that I've been working on this whole time. Anyway, only one more chapter. I hope you guys have enjoyed it. 

-Adios!