Chapter 21

Elliot

I slowly descended the stairs, carefully looking where I stepped. The house was flushed with sunshine and a sweet smell, the smell of cookies. I made my way into the kitchen and saw Matt standing there wearing oven mits.
He was wearing nothing but an apron, the left side of his face had a spot of flour on it which looked incredibly adorable on him.

“Hey babe. Goodmorning.” He said looking at me. He pulled me closer towards him and slowly pressed my lips against his. It was the best feeling in the world and the way he tasted, it was all I ever wanted to feel.

The alarm went off. The buzzing annoying sound of it woke me up in a heartbeat. I pulled my hand out and looked aimlessly for my phone, after turning the alarm off I threw it back on the floor.

The same dream again. I had been having the same dream for the past week, the last time I spoke to Matt. Ever since then, I avoided him. Not because I didnt want to see him, trust me the only thing I wanted to do was see him but because he didn’t want to see me which he had made perfectly clear before.
The inability to not see him or talk to him made me restless and so powerless and lead to these colourful dreams I kept on having.

---

“Babe! Babe?”

“Y-yuh yes what?” I was suddenly brought back to reality by Rome’s voice.

She looked at me disappointed.

“Betty can you leave us for a sec?” she quickly asked the girl sitting in front for us to leave. She then turned to me as her hair turned along with her.

“Whats up babe?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What is up with you. For a week now you have been so lost, unattentive and just else where.”

I looked at her questioning while my face formed a familiar expression.

“Is there something bothering you? Maybe something you want to talk about?” she gently placed her hands on mine, intertwining our fingers.

There was something on my mind, quite a bit actually. And I wanted to talk about it, at lengths but not with her and not here. There was no need to bring her in unless i was sure of it. It was not that she would react badly to the fact that might be uhm, but I wasn’t ready.
So I smiled at her and swiftly gave her a kiss.

“Nothing to worry about.”

---

“And Elliot and Matt. You two will be pairing up for this project. I expect all of you to be on time with your submittions.”

It’s true what they say, the more you try to ignore fate, the more it makes itself visible and present. The more I tried to ignore the possibility and to pull away, the more was I pushed towards facing the reality.

I looked back and saw Matt sitting on his usual spot. He looked back at me as we made eye contact for a second but instantly pulled away. After the class, he caught up with me.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to work with me.” I said.

“Lets keep this impersonal. You do your part and I’ll do mine. No need to worry the teacher.” He replied coldly.
No matter how much he wanted to back off and pull away, i could still sense that he didn’t want to. It’s almost adorable how he tried to act distant.

“As you say.” I nodded. “Uhm but what exactly is my part?” I apologetically added.

“Uh.”

“How about we meet today and discuss about our respective parts And that will be it?”

“Sounds okay enough.” He said, still trying to act distant and still failing beautifully.

---

We sat in front of his house facing each other with a table in between us. The table had been there forever, but then it felt like Matt had purposefully had it installed right there so as to prevent us from getting to close, like a wall between us.

The table was covered with open textbooks and uncapped pens.
He calmly explained what I had to do and what was the entire game plan but honestly, i didn’t listen to one word he said.

The way his dark brown hair changed colours as light hit it from different angles had me mesmerized. The way he bit his lips regularly turned me the fuck on and the way he said my name, it’s all I wanted to hear.

“Got it?” he said looking at me with his head tilted. He looked so beautiful.

“uh-huh.”

“you didn’t listen to one word I said, did you?” he said almost too truthfully.

“Uh-huh.”

“Stop doing that Elliot.”

“Stop saying my name like that Matt.”i blurted out without thinking but surprisingly earning myself a smile from him.

“You are making this impossible to work.” He said shaking his head.

Freckles, golden specked freckles. I never noticed that before.

“You are the one sitting there looking impossible to work with.” Have i no control over what I say?

“Stop flirting with me Elliot.” He said almost frustratingly but the way he said my name again and again, he knew. He had to know how it turned me on.

“Then talk to me.”

“I am.”

“no not this. Actually talk to me.”

“What is there to talk about?”

“i want to figure out what this is and I don’t want to do it alone.”

“Okay let’s talk.” He commanded. “Have you told Rome what happened at the trip?”

He went right for it, no filters no warnings. And just within a second, it got real.

“Have you accepted the fact that you might have feelings for a boy?” The hits kept on coming.

“Have you done anything except avoiding thinking about what we can be?”

He left me there stunned, speechless. The air between us caught on to the conversation very quickly as it turned from warm to cold.

“That’s what I thought.” He said.

___________________________________________________