31. Rita's Scoop

Fred's disclaimer: the author of this story does not own Harry Potter and she is personally sorry of this chapter, it's mostly just a filler. 

I was becoming increasingly aware of the start of the Triwizard Tournament. It was creeping up really fast and I was dreading it completely. Unfortunately there was definitely no way out. If Dumbledore said I had to do it then there was no other choice.
I was also aware that Rita Skeeters interview had not yet surfaced which was another concern but one that was less important.
I didn't have to wait long to find out what that fucking cow had written in her interview.
When I entered the great Hall there was a loud chatter throughout the four tables. Hermione, Harry, Ron, Fred, and George were all sitting at the Gryffindor table huddled around a piece of paper.
"So.." the look on Hermione's face was the only thing I needed to see. I grabbed the paper furiously, scanning the headline.

Love Wins Over All
By Rita Skeeter

The increasing excitement for the great triwizard tournament is on the rise throughout Hogwarts and throughout the Great Wizarding world. The champions have been hard at work training and preparing for the tournament.

—a lie of course..no one trains for the tournament..

Of course hard work and dedication for the potential 10,000 galleon reward is not perhaps the only motivation. Love seems to be in the air at Hogwarts. Unexpectedly, between two of the Hogwarts champions. 

My face started to heat up and I dreaded seeing the look on Fred's face. I glanced up wincing internally. Fred was staring distractedly at the table, absentmindedly stirring his bowl of soup. 

"Keep reading," Hermione said, glaring down at the newspaper. 

I regretted it already. 

Young champion Y/N Potter, sister of the great Harry Potter, whose story is still being told to this day is thrown into the mix. At only 15 years old she is now a part of what may be the most exciting Triwizard tournament we have ever seen before. Along with her almost lover, Cedric Diggory, Potter plans to take the competition on with a storm. 

Cedric Diggory, one of the best Quidditch players Hogwarts has ever seen, and potentially one of the best looking ones too has also joined the competition. She and Cedric are known to be one of Hogwarts most expected couples. A friend of Potter's stated: Y/N often disappears for long periods of time, and I'm sure she's going out to see Cedric! It would just be so wonderful if they got together. 

That's it. I stopped reading throwing the newspaper on the table and storming out of the great Hall. I couldn't even be bothered to tell everyone that was a lie, but I sincerely hoped they knew. I could hear snickering from the Slytherin table as I turned back briefly to discreetly nod my head at Fred. I heard him mumble some excuse, standing up and following me out. 

Rita Skeeter was not about to post something like that and get away with it. 

"Fred," I started, as we walked up the stairs. "You have to know that none of that is true," I winced internally, as Skeeter's words replayed in my head. 'Almost lover'. 

Fred grimaced, stopping at looking at me. "Yeah? Are you sure? I've seen the way Cedric looks at you, and I don't like it." 

"It's completely one-sided," I said, baffled. "In what world would I even consider liking Cedric Diggory?" I punched him in the arm. "Don't be a fucking moron, Fred, it's you. It's always been you." 

Fred scratched the back of his head, avoiding eye contact. "Then why did Skeeter seem to know so much?" 

"Cedric was probably exaggerating things," I nearly slammed my head against the wall. "God, I'm going to murder him." 

"Careful now, love," Fred smirked, some of his usual mischief returning to his eyes. "When they say, 'eliminate' the competition, I'm pretty sure they don't mean commit murder." 

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, you totally wanted me to say that." 

"Maybe, maybe not."