11: talk

Another day of digging had finished. I had only talked to Zero today just like yesterday and once I had gotten back to the tent I laid in bed writing in my journal as all the boys left watching as Armpit danced. I got up from my cot to watch them laughing and falling to the ground once armpit threw his arms in the air. Once they had gotten back up and headed towards the rec room I went back to my cot.

Zigzags POV
I threw Armpits arms back down to his sides and helped Squid up from the ground. Once we started walking to the rec room Squid stopped me and took the toothpick out of his mouth. He then points at the tent where Andrea was walking back to her cot like yesterday.

"This is your time to talk to her man. Nobody else is in there." He says shoving me towards the tent and walking into the rec room. I sigh a bud run my hands through my hair thinking about all the things she could say or not say. Once I finally stepped into the tent both her and Zero looked at me.

Andreas POV
Zero and I's conversation was cut short my a sudden body walking through the tent "doors". That body just so happened to be Zigzag.

"Hey Andrea. Do you think we could talk?" He asks fiddling with his fingers. Zero looks over at me and I just smile at him and nod slightly to which he gave me a hug and left to the rec room with the rest of the boys.

"How ya doin?" He asks me leaning against the pillar by my bed.

"I'm fine." I say shrugging as I grab my journal from under my pillow and set it on my lap.

"You sure about that?" He asks moving to the other end of my cot and sitting down.

"Yeah. What you think I'm lying about that too." I say with more attitude then intended.

"I never thought you were lying to begin with Andy." He says grabbing my hand carefully.

"I'm just worried about you. We all are." He says again rubbing my hand with his thumb.

"Well you don't need to be alright I'm fine." I say pulling my hand from his standing up as he looks at me confused at my sudden outburst.

"You're not fine. If you were you wouldn't be laying in bed all day long." He says standing up as well with a frustrated tone making me sigh.

"I tell you why I'm upset you'll pity me and I don't need anyone's pity especially from people who's lives aren't much better then mine. And you sure as hell don't want to hear my life story." I didn't want to talk about this I've had flashbacks of it since mom brought it up and now I've got to talk about it. Especially with the only person that I'm actually comfortable with.

"I do. I want to know everything about you Andy. If you'll tell me I'll sit her and listen. I won't pity you I swear." He says walking to me slowly then once I hadn't backed away he brought me into his arms tightly.

"Please I just want you to be happy Andy. I need that pretty little smile" He says leaning his chin on the top of my head.

"Fine." I say sighing. If I was going to let it all out it was doing it properly. We both sit down on my cot as I let out a deep breath.

"My foster parents didn't just hit me. Well my foster mother did but my foster father he umm did more then that. He was a bad bad man and I had gotten placed into their house when I was 15. At first he made inappropriate comments about me then it escalated to touching. Then he took away the one piece of self dignity I had. My only price of innocence that I had left." I say wiping the small droplet of water that was about to fall from my eye. Zigzag looks at me trying to stop his pitiful look as he holds his arms out and I crawl into his lap as he starts playing with my hair comfortingly.

"My foster mother was a very jealous woman. Everytime my foster father would touch me or say something she would hit me. She'd blame it on me and say I was asking for it my how I dressed or how I acted around the house when I rarely said a word and wore baggy covering clothing afraid of what would happen if I didn't. After the third time I waited till they fell asleep and doused everything with alcohol and set fire to it with them inside. Neither of them died and I got here. They didn't even get punished for what they put me through. My mind slowly started distracting itself from the thoughts when I got here but mom mentioning it-." I say and by this time I had soaked his shirt with my tears and I had just noticed.

"Brought all the thoughts back." He finishes for me as I look up at the blonde blue eyed boy who was staring back down at me. I smiled feeling better after letting everything out knowing he wouldn't speak a word of it.

"I'm sorry about your shirt." I say getting off his lap standing up as he stands up as well.

"No no. It's completely fine." He says grabbing another shirt and taking the other one off."

"Hey Andy. Thank you. Y'know for telling me. I hope I didn't push you to hard to tell me or anything." He says as he puts on the other shirt.

"You didn't. And thank you for listening. It made me feel a lot better." I smile as he turns around smiling as well as our eyes meet. My thoughts begin to race. Foster father. What would they think. What should I do. Then they stopped. My foster father took everything away from me but not anymore and especially not this.

I grabbed Zigzags face and pulled it to mine bringing our lips together. His arms wrapped around my waist as he picked me up from off the ground kissing me back as I wrapped my legs around his waist. Once we pull away out of breath smiling like idiots the dinner bell rings but we stayed in place.

"I really do like you Andy. So much my darlin." He says smiling wide.

"I really like you to Ricky. So very much." I say back with the same smile plastered on my face.

"I'm calling you my girlfriend by the way. Even if you don't agree." He says making me laugh.

"Well I'm calling you my boyfriend even if you don't agree" I say back mocking his Texas accent making him laugh back.

"Trust me I agree." He smiles kissing me once more quickly and setting me down as he grabs my hand.

"Now for the five start restaurant?" He asks making me giggle as he smiles.

"Oh well of course." I say as we walk to the mess hall together hand in hand with my boyfriend Zigzag.