Ch. 1

I recently watched 'Metal Family', I fell in love with it and the first episode of season 2 was uploaded and I read a few fanfics of Dee x reader. I thought of writing one for a while, so why not start now? It won't be connected to the plot of the episodes, it also will contain some mature and offensive themes. If you do not feel comfortable reading this, then I recommend just skipping the few mentions of such things.( I am not homophobic, transphobic, or a person who encourages any form of hate or bullying)

~~~~

Your Pov

I was laughing at my best friend Valentine; he was currently posing so dramatically. "Or maybe this is more attractive," he puckered his lips while his hands landed on both of his hips. I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid he looked. I was supposed to take pictures of him since he wanted to post on Instagram his fit. "Okay! Let's look at all the pictures I have so far of you." He walked to my side and saw three pictures he liked, "Those three are perfect! I look so hot-" I chuckled and gave him his phone, "Sure you do."

I giggled and quickly walked away while he began to follow after me, somewhat offended by my comment. Since we went to middle school together, Valentine and I have been so close; we are always doing the stupidest, cringest stuff together- ironically, of course. As he posted the pictures on his account, a group of football guys yelled at us from across the street. "Hey, look, it's the fags!" I rolled my eyes; Valentine ignored them. They kept whistling and saying things like, "Disgusting tranny!" or " Your real name is Melanie! Attention whore!".

Valentine sighed, "They say that to me like they don't act fruity to each other. Justin and Mark were saying they should kiss each other because they're cute!" I snickered, " They are just jealous that they have to hide who they really are while you don't." We laughed together, and they yelled at us, "What the fuck did you say?!"

"Awe shit, Val, let's run!" We both ran for our lives while the group of football players chased us, we cut through alleys, streets, and that's when I saw the market. "Fuck it, let's hide in there!" Val agreed, and we ran inside. As we looked around, we found the bathroom, but Val stopped me. "Do you want to get your ass beat?!" he smacked me, "No, but let's make it seem we hid there; the exit is nearby."

His plan worked, we were able to leave, and from a distance, we saw them getting kicked out by a security guard. We burst into laughter, "That was so fucken funny! I can't believe they fell for that!" As we kept laughing, my phone rang, "Hello?" I tried my best to calm myself, still giggling here and there. " (Y/n); it's your mom. I wanted to ask if you could head to the market and buy some milk and bananas. I'll Zelle you the money." I agreed and ended the call. She sent me 20 dollars, " Hey Val, wanna stay and collect some stuff with me?"

He had already calmed himself, "I would love to, but I actually have to get home. My pops saw this show that he wants to watch with me. But I'll text you later." He waved bye to me and walked out toward the street. I shook my head and went in to get the things.

Time skip~

I paid for the items, I waited for the cashier to hand me the receipt. I had also got myself a drink; I was pretty thirsty. She gave me the receipt and wished me a good day. I walked out toward the exit and saw the wall. It was full of missing teens, children, adults. The posters made me feel bad for the families and the persons missing. As I skimmed through them, there was one poster that caught my attention.

It was faded, and it looked to be Russian. "Huh?" I pulled it down, and I dropped my drink. My stomach twisted in knots, my arms trembled, and I turned pale, "This has to be some sick joke..". It was a picture of me when I was 4 years old; I looked and saw the security guard. I walked over to her and said, "Excuse me?" 

She turned around and gave me a concerned look, "Yes, how can I help you?". I pointed to the poster, " What does this translate to?" She took a closer look at the sign, "Well, I can't really translate the information, but the headline, says 'SEARCH FOR KIDNAPED CHILD STILL ONGOING.'" I took a step back, trying to process what she just told me, everything around me became faint.

I walked away. I felt my knees weak and my movement slow; everything I ever grew around was nothing but lies. My family, parents, friends, my identity... is it all a lie? I mean, I don't exactly look like my parents. I'm not close with my cousins, but my parents just don't have time to take me to hang out with them. I also noticed I have an accent when I talk, it is not that noticeable, but my mom gets furious and corrects me.

" Is my name even my real name?..."

As I looked up, I saw my house coming up. I felt myself tremble with each step I took. I have never felt so terrified to enter my home. It was as if I was in actual danger. I walked to the door, I shakily inserted the key. I opened the door slowly, walking in, I gently closed the door. I hastily walked toward the kitchen and left the bag of items on the counter; I had my back toward the dining room. "Darling, what took you so long?"

I tensed up; I felt like throwing up. I slowly turned and saw my parents, or should I even call them that? They both sat together and looked concerned. My 'dad' pointed at his face and said, "You okay, kiddo? Your very pale," I didn't know what to say; I just sat down, grabbed my plate of warmish food, and just stared at it.

The people in front of me aren't my parents; they are complete strangers.