The beginning

The boy was a lonely outcast. Feared by everyone and loved by no one. This boy lived in a land built off of pain and loss called Encanto. Everyone who lived in Encanto knew of the Madrigals and their great gifts, but not everyone liked them.

Each child of Alma Madrigal received a special gift at the age of 5. She had 3 children who were triplets, Julieta, Pepa, and the outcast, Bruno.

Julieta's gift was to bake food that could heal anything physically broken. Everyone saw her as "the angel" and she was favored by the whole town.

The second oldest triplet, Pepa, had a gift that could be amazing or horrible. She could control the weather based on her emotions. The townsfolk knew never to anger her or it'd be raining for days.

Then finally, there is the youngest triplet, Bruno. His gift is seen as evil for he can see into the future. While this might sound cool the people of Encanto feared him. Most of the time Bruno's visions were bad. He'd see things like goldfish dying, houses breaking, floods coming, husbands cheating, ect. And he'd constantly be blamed for what he saw. The town thought he could make specific things come true. That's why unlike his sister Julieta he was known as "the devil".

Anyways, this story began when Bruno was about 12 and his life just started going out of control. It was a beautiful morning in Encanto because Pepa was thrilled about their birthday tomorrow. Bruno however never liked their birthday. It was always all about his sisters and his Mom would almost forget about him. So every year it would be "happy birthday Pepa and Julieta", no one cared about Bruno.

Every since Bruno turned 5 his mother has been pretty much embarrassed of him. Why does she hate me Bruno often wondered. He was furious with his so called family but at the same time he was heartbroken. Bruno was walking down the stairs in his room as he was muttering something about his mom. When all the sudden Bruno slipped and was sent flying down the concrete steps. Lucky Alma heard his cries and rushed in. Bruno was shocked that she actually cared. That was until she shouted, "Bruno we're trying to plan a birthday party could you be anymore loud." "But momma I'm hurt", Bruno replied in a shaky voice. As Alma was storming out of his room she shouted, "I'll get Julieta to make you something"

Bruno was disappointed that his mom didn't care more and in a fit of rage his started mumbling about how he wished his conversation would have went.
Ahh Bruno are you ok?
Yes momma I think I'm fine but could you ask Julieta to make me something?
Of course anything for you my baby.

Bruno started to cry just thinking about it. That was until he remembered what his mom taught him at a very young age, "never allow yourself to be weak." So Bruno did what he always had done, he shoved his emotions way down deep and left his room with a smile.

It was weird, when Bruno got downstairs his family was sitting quietly at the table. This is what I had to be quite for Bruno thought angrily. When he approached the table no one acknowledged his existence. He stood there for a good 2 minutes before waving his hand at Alma's face. Immediately Alma grabbed Bruno's hand and pinned it to the table. In shock he ripped his hand away.

"What is going on here?" Bruno demanded to know. Julieta just looked at him as if to signal help. When all of the sudden a huge cloud emerged from Pepas head. Now panicked Bruno repeated louder, "what's going on!" Finally Alma spoke, "as I said earlier we just planning a party."

Now furious Bruno screeched, "YOU DON'T PLAN A PARTY IN SILENCE!!"

That was it for Alma's Patience. She irrationally screamed, "YOU WANT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON! WELL FINE BRUNO! I DON'T WANT YOU AT THE PARTY BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS SAY SOMETHING THAT RUINS THE EVNING!"

Bruno was on the verge of crying. They didn't want him there. He always messed their birthday up. It's all his fault, infact everything was his fault. But was he really that evil that his own family didn't want him coming to his birthday. Bruno never asked for much all he wanted was his family to love him but his gift would forever be in the way.

He felt his eyes uncontrollably start to water. He knew his mom didn't like it when people showed weakness. So he got up without saying a word and sprinted to his room. Once he reached his door he flung the door open and then proceeded to slam it shut.

Bruno felt a rush of emotions the second he was alone. One true feeling was burning brighter then all of the others, pain. Bruno was in pain. This should be something he was used to by now but of course it still hurt. He wondered if Julieta's arepas could heal, they healed pain right?  No, this pain was inside him, clawing it's way to the surface. So he thought about the only thing he was good for, looking into the future. He thought about their birthday tomorrow and wonder if his mother would change her mind and let him come. So he went to his vision cave hoping to see something good for once.

Bruno's vision started off normal. He saw people dancing, eating, and singing happy birthday. Then he noticed something weird. A shadowy figure? Who was it? Suddenly the vision faded to black and started to speed up. Bruno couldn't tell what was happening. The sand started spinning really fast and then it just fell. Bruno stared at his vision slab in horror. It was a picture of the mysterious figure at the party. The figure was surrounded by smashed cake and torn apart party decorations. But this wasn't even the worse part. In the figures hand was a huge silver knife.

Bruno was scared and panicked. So he decided to run to his mom for comfort. But when he
showed her the vision she got furious and began shouting. He looked at her confused. Bruno didn't understand anything that was happening. That was until Alma screamed, "WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS HAPPEN ESPECIALLY ON THEIR BIRTHDAY !" Bruno was shocked he knew the town thought he could make things happen but his own mother.

He knew Alma didn't favor him but did she really hate him? Bruno started to cry in front of his mom. This was the most emotion he'd showed her in years. But when he looked up, his mother was just staring at him with disgust in her eyes. So once again Bruno sucked in his feelings and ran away.

That night Bruno slept restlessly. He knew who ever was coming would be coming fast. So Bruno decided he was going to have to be faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yea I may have made Bruno's family out to be way more mean to Bruno then they were in the movie. Oops.....