Too Brave || 15

the daily rounds around the park that add up to nearly two miles, are exhausting. but for jungkook nothing meant more than fitness, so just like any other day he had dragged aera, ignoring the whines from the girl, protesting as she claimed that it should be her resting day as she just celebrated her fifteenth birthday yesterday!

the brother didn't listen and left aera with no choice than to go with him, leaving her favourite movie in the middle. her expression still holds the subtle scowl, eyes sending frequent glares towards jungkook who doesn't mind and pats her back, nodding his head forward to continue running.

"we're almost there." he says, sweat trickling down from his forehead and locks too, but still looking fresh with his movements while aera is already panting heavily, mentally cursing every possible situation that lead her to go out and run.

"i'm... tired..." she pants out, shaking her head as her feet stop a few meters away the cherry blossom tree that acts as their starting and finishing point every evening.

"come on champ, it's barely any distance left." jungkook lets out an airy chuckle, passing her and stops two steps by the tree, motioning his hand for his sister to come. "ri, come on, in one, two, three!"

aera sighs deeply, whining at her brother as she sprints towards him, using all the energy left in any corner of her body. jungkook smiles proudly, holding up his hand for a high-five as soon as she stops near him. instead of responding to him, the girl groans in frustration, hitting his legs as she collapses on the grassy ground next to the paved path.

"you suck" aera mutters.

"that is disrespectful."

"you suck jungkookie oppa."

"aera," he sighs, shaking his head.

"i didn't want to come here! now i'm dying, i won't get up! carry me!"

"don't do like that, you're a good girl." he says patting her head, laughing when aera whines again, pushing his hand away. "aish! okay, let's go home now?"

"my feet hurt..." she says, glancing at the brother, "piggyback?"

"nope."

"pleeeease! you said i'm your baby..."

"i never said that." jungkook laughs.

"you did! you said i'm your baby and little girl and your child, why are you not carrying me then?"

"you're such a drama queen." jungkook sighs, "i'm not carrying you. start walking."

"you're being rude." aera mumbles.

"i am very rude."

"i'm not going with you then." the sister huffs, "i'll stay with jiminie oppa and unnie."

"they won't keep a messy kid with them." jungkook laughs.

"i'm not messy! i'll go to daegu!"

"just get up and let's go home." jungkook shakes his head.

"you are not my brother," aera declares, glaring at jungkook who scoffs, sticking out his tongue at her as she looks cute despite being mad, so mad that it's a miracle steam is not yet coming out of her ears. but the baby face of hers never makes her look angry, unless she starts showing off her fighting techniques.

"oppa's tired too, riri."

"no, but oppa's strong... i don't wanna walk. piggyback please?"

"you're strong too."

"no, i'm not." she shakes her head, "koo's more strong."

for a moment, jungkook stares at her, soon breaking into a chuckle when aera's pouting at him, giving the irresistible puppy eyes, "when will you grow up?" he ruffles her hair, turning around and gestures her to get on his back.