4. THE DINNER!

Everyone is having their dinner while sitting on a small round table but this time there was a slight change. The table is not looking less than a fish market unlike before, only because of Nandini's presence. Nevertheless, everyone is enjoying her free, innocent banter which is making them happy.

Nandini:- wow!..... Aunty, you are just wow. The food is delicious. I never had such a tasty dinner before.

This is the ninth time that she praised Ritu for her cooking skills.

Ritu:- Nandini, talk less and eat more. I am seeing you, you are not having your meal properly.

She scolds her with all motherly love and fills her dish again with one more chapati. In just a small-time Nandini became his daughter and friend. She becomes protective of her like she is of her husband and son.

On the other hand, this is not new for Nandini because she has that aura that makes anyone hers but this time she has got emotionally attached to them. She is enjoying her time with Ritu and experiencing the motherly warmth for the first time in her life.

Among everyone, Manik is the one who is sitting there quietly and noticing Nandini's small to small antiques. He is giving weird looks to his mother because she is filling Nandini's already filled plate. Her plate didn't even have a space to breathe but still, his mother is putting chapati after chapati.

Out of nowhere, Nandini asked the most hilarious question which shocked everyone to the core.

Nandini:- By the way aunty, Manik is your only son?

Ritu nods, being confused as to why she suddenly asked that question.

Nandini:- why?...... I mean why didn't you try for the second child?

This is the most unexpected question. Manik's eyes widen and his spoon fell making a thunderous noise because according to him no one dares to discuss their parent's sexual life in front of them. Whereas Rajesh's eyes are just stuck at her and his ears denied in believing what he heard is true or not.

Ritu is finding a perfect place to hide from this embarrassing question while there is no change in Nandini's chirpiness.

Nandini:- Is there some problem with uncle?

And here comes the sixer from her side. Rajesh coughs and swallows the bite hurriedly before shouting in horror, making everyone deaf.

Rajesh:- why was there a problem with me only?

Nandini:- ( with an attitude ) because aunty is perfect. So, I am sure that there was a problem with you only.

Hearing her illogical reply, Rajesh looks at his son with a look saying "WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS CRACK PIECE?".

Without giving any reply to his father, Manik digs his head on his plate with red cheeks because he is already a shy guy and now this conversation is out of his comfort zone.

While on the other side, Ritu gathers a lot of courage and asks.

Ritu:- why are you asking these types of questions, Nandini?

Nandini:- because I like you guys a lot and If you guys would have another son then I would kidnap and marry him forcefully and then become your daughter-in-law. Simple!

The parents look at her with astonishment hearing her dangerous plan whereas this plan wouldn't go well with Manik. His head instantly raised and a question rolled out from his tongue.

Manik:- why another son? What is the problem with me?

Malhotra's gaze shifted from Nandini to Manik and a smirk emerged on their lips with a sly smile whereas Nandini is so cool hearing his question.