Engagement

Mature parts will be star marked. If you are uncomfortable with those you can skip them.

••••
''Dev Sang Raavi. Ring Ceremony.''
The board, infront of the dais in the aangan of the Pandya Niwas, read. The obsidian lehenga complimented the midnight choli, counter balancing the ivory skin of her, flowed down to the floor, hugging her body. Flowers of the floral embroidery covered the floor, in a carpet of flowers, as the lehenga swept the floor beneath. Her charred wood hair cascaded down her back, clipped partially, highlighting the shining dark blue hair strands beneath.
Suman put a kalateeka on her so that no 'buri nazar' should be attracted towards her. She looked stunning. But there was something amiss, her usual glow, her chirpiness.
She was lacking those in the last two months. Everybody noticed it but she said that she was just being emotional remembering her parents and then pulled on her facade of happiness. She was in despair, nobody noticed but one.
Her trepidation grew as she realised that if her plan was not to be executed properly then lives of three will be destroyed. She so wished that Shiva would be present here, helping her in fighting for their relation. But he was absent.
••••

She stood infront of the mirror, looking at herself as Anita helped her in getting ready. Some years back, in her innocence, she had told everyone that she was going to be adorned in this way for Dev. And now it was happening but her eyes told other story. Those eyes held tears of regret. She was not happy now, she had someone else in her heart. Her lips quivered, sobs making their way out.

Anita saw something was bothering Raavi.
'Was she not happy with the marriage? But how could it be, she had always longed to become a Pandya Bahu, precisely to be Dev's wife, her lifelong aim. Maybe some pre-wedding jitters.'
''Raavi kya hua hai?'' Anita asked her.
Raavi just got up and hugged her, letting her tears fall.
''Raavi darr lag raha hai kya?''
''N..Nahi'' She was still sobbing. Her eyeliner had started smudging with the tears, leaving black stains on their way down the cheek.
''Aise rote nahi Raavi. Tu to Somnath ke Sabse Sundar Ladki haina? Agar uski engagement mei makeup kharab hogaya to log kya bolenge?'' Anita had made her sit and started re-doing the makeup.
Raavi was sitting there, her mind wandering off to her moments spent with Shiva.
••••

It was her birthday, 20th birthday to be precise. She was still sulking as it was a minute past the midnight and Dev has not even tried calling her. How could he be so careless. Aren't they going to marry some years later and he can't even call her to wish her a birthday. How could they be the best couple of Somnath? She was pacing back and forth in front of her bed while she thought. As she turned towards the window, she saw a black shadow entering through it, and she let out a scream. It was muffled by the visitor's palm. This was not a new touch, she knew this touch. This touch held a warmth, a comfort. The visitor's breath fanned her neck, their thudding hearts, the only sound that can be listened to. Moments later, his whisper broke the silence.
''Eh Chipkali chillana mat. Haath hata raha hoon.''
As he removed his palm she started her babbling about Dev.
She felt his gaze. It was intense and she suddenly felt a new kind of warmth in it. She felt shy under his gaze.
After she saw him wrapped in a towel, water dripping down his form, a foreign feeling bubbled up inside her. Whenever he was in her vicinity, she would have butterflies in her stomach. Her face would become flushed and Dev would be nowhere in her thoughts.

****
It would be Shiva everywhere as in some corner of her head, she would be sprawled in the bed, the dark, hooded eyes of Shiva trained on her naked form as he would walk towards her discarding his clothing one at a time at each step he took.
His lips would trail down her mouth to the south, planting wet kisses pausing at the valley of her chest. His tongue would stick out, and trail all over the hills on each side, hardening the peaks of the hills by biting gently on the already hardened peaks.
His mouth would trail further south and find her core where his tongue would do inexplicable things, pressuring her nerve bundle to let out all the nectar confined there.
All the while, his name would leave her lips like a prayer.
****