Chapter Twenty-Six

I got lost in my train of thought when my phone rang

I got lost in my train of thought when my phone rang. Kinuha ko iyon para tignan sino ang tumawag.

My love, Jiolo is calling...

I heaved in a deep breath before swiping right.

"Hello?"

"Love? Thank God you picked up! I heard what happened and I'm on my way to your condo. Wait for me. I'm with Chie."

"What?"

"You... didn't do it, right?"

I didn't answer him.

"Right, love?"

"Are you... suspecting me?"

"What? Of course not! I just want to hear straight from you, that you didn't do it!"

Ewan pero kumirot ang aking puso. Thinking about Jiolo suspecting me hurts like hell. I know this isn't the first time but damn... how can he even think of me cheating?

"Don't come here..."

"Elle, please..."

"I said don't, Jiolo. I don't want to see you."

And with that I ended the call. Sinandal ko ang ulit aking katawan sa sofa at pumikit.

"Elle..." I heard Alexina's worried tone.

"Not now, Alex. I don't want to deal with Jiolo. Alam ko mali ang ginawa ko pero nasaktan ako sa sinabe niya. I sound immature and pathetic but let me be for once. Pagod na pagod na ako..."

I heard her sigh. "Alright then. You should rest and go to sleep. I'll wake you up once I'm done cooking lunch."

I nodded and opened my eyes.

"Thank you..."

"No biggie! Pumunta ka na sa kwarto mo."

Tumango ako at sinunod ang sinabe niya. I went to my bed, exhausted. Kalahati pa ng araw pero pagod na ako.

I woke up and the sun was already setting. Lumabas ako sa aking kwarto at pumunta sa dining table. There was a note written by Alexina for me.

Ma, I didn't bother waking you up na since ang himbing ng tulog mo at alam ko kailangan mo yun kaya I'm writing this note nalang

I cooked you lunch and prepared some snacks. Eat them when you wake up! I have to go now, my class na ako!

P.S. whatever you'll go through, we're always here for you

Napangiti ako. I opened the bento box she prepared for me. There was a scrambled egg, bacon, fried rice and a camote cue. I sat down and ate them. As I was chewing my food, I looked to my left said. The sky is in a mixture of pink, orange and yellow. It was beautiful to see. I stared at it until it went dark. Tinapos ko na ang aking pagkain at nag hugas ng pinggan. After that, I was supposed to check my phone when the doorbell rang.