Bad day ≠ bad life <3

I sat hugging my knees, my tears tickling under my chin as they dripped off. I smiled at myself as I saw Billie walking over the field making his way to me.

His hands under his black denim jacket. He gave me a large smile, before pulling out two bottles of beer from under his jacket.

I laughed at him, unwrapping my arms from around my knees as I finally wiped my face.

Billie came beside me as he sat down on the grass, handing a bottle before me as I laid my legs out straight.

"Thanks Beej," I whispered, taking the bottle.

"So what's wrong with yee?" He asked me smiling, taking a Swing of his bottle which was already opened.

I popped the lid off with my house keys shrugging. "Bad day,"

"Bad day?"

I nodded, turning to look at him. "A really bad day,"

He pushed out his bottom lip pouting at me. "Bad days don't last forever,"

"Twenty four hours feels like long enough,"

"A bad day isn't a bad life. Y'know that, right?"

I bit the inside of my cheek hard. Course I knew that. But at this very moment, my bad day felt like a bad life. "I know,"

I heard Billie sigh. I felt like maybe just replying with 'I know' wasn't what he wanted to hear. I looked up over at him as he looked in front of us. Taking another gulp from his bottle of beer.

"No- you're right Billie." I admitted, after all he kinda was. "I guess I'm just being melodramatic again,"

"You're not being melodramatic," He chuckled nudging me with his shoulder. "You've had a bad day. You're feeling bad. You don't have to feel bad about feeling bad,"

Although Billie Joe often said he was the shittest person on earth to comfort someone, I never agreed. He was a little bit awkward with other people sometimes when someone he didn't know too well would begin having a mental breakdown out of fuck knows where. But he always seemed to make me feel better. 

"You've been the best part of my week." I told him, taking a swig from the beer bottle in my hand. "And this beer,"

"The weeks just started,"

"That is preciesly how shit of a day I've had,"

"But I've just sat down? Literally two minutes ago,"

"Your companies good. Y'know? Misery loves company,"

He glanced over at me, Billie was sat with more of a better posture, so he stared down slightly before giving me half a smile. "Sorry your days been so fucked,"

"It's like you said. It's just a bad day, not a bad life. The sun still rises tomorrow and I get to try all over again. I just- sometimes I just- I get really down sometimes and I don't know how to get back up,"

"That's what I'm here for,"

"Hmm?" I asked, looking over at him.

Billie looked back at me. Smiling crookedly. "That's what I'm here for. Y'know? To help you up? You know I'll help you when you need me,"

"You shouldn't have to- I can't keep relying on you,"

"Why not?" He asked. "I rely on you,"

"Well yeah Billie- but not all the time,"

There was a pause where he was suppose to reply. I looked back up at him.

Billie placed his free hand on the grass, budging around so his body was facing me.

As much as I was confused, I moved too so my body was also facing his. It was clear the conversation was beginning to become serious to Billie.

"I don't think you actually do realise how much and how often I do rely on you,"

"Well... how much do you?"

"All the time. C'mon- you must see it,"

"No?"

"I always ask your opinions, I ask you what you think about everything, I take your advice cause I always know your right, I look at you for help when I'm under pressure, I look for you first when I walk into a room- I lean on you constantly. Y'know you can always lean back on me,"