𝟓𝟓| 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

-HER-

"The tower," she announced while I reached for the revolver in my makeshift pocket. Though the expression on her face made me freeze halfway.

"Hmm..." she started, "things are not looking good here," with that, she shuffled again. "Death," she announced soon after, unaware of my hand drawing closer and closer toward the revolver in my pocket.

"What does that mean?" I asked even though I didn't really care about it that much but the look on her face made me a bit uneasy.

"Well," she sighed, "I see something that's going to cause a sudden change in your life, something that's going to... turn a lot of things upside down, somethings are going to end. Maybe, it's the situation you're in. Something's going to happen that's going to throw you off," She told me, showing me the card with a man falling from a tower.

"Is it bad?" I asked her innocently, curling my fingers around the grip of the revolver. The look on her face intensified even more. She didn't look pleased with what she was seeing and for a moment, it bothered me. They were only cards after all but to her, the look on her face made it seem like it was something beyond that, something much more grave and dark.

"I don't see this heading in the right direction," she told me while Romulus' words from earlier this evening rang in my ears. They were the opposite of what she was telling me right now, "I see someone getting heartbroken," she added pulling more cards one after the other, "Someone losing something, some sort of distance coming between you two. Someone would be going away soon," she elaborated.

"Can you tell me go where? Is it somewhere far away?" I asked her, getting ready. Her eyes were still on the cards while she was completely unaware of the things that were happening under the table.

"I am not sure... I don't see any sea travel but it does look like somewhere away,"

"Could you be more sure? A specific place?"

"You cannot get an address from here, dear," She told me, smiling at the cards while arranging them.

"But I'm sure I can get Mr Stanway's address out of you," I announced, pulling the revolver out from under the desk and pointing it on her face. The smile from her lips dropped while she looked up at me with fury in her eyes. I couldn't believe I was doing this. Under the table, my legs were shaking but I did my best to keep my hand stable and my glare fixed on her even though I was close to shitting myself, especially after looking at her split eyes raging red.

"You have no idea who you're messing with, dear," she hissed as her hands disagreed under the table. On cue, my revolver clicked and I rose from my seat until my revolver's mouth was pressed against her forehead.

"I don't care," I told her. "Give me the address,"

"Who sent you here—"

"Stop talking and give me the address!" I demanded, cutting her. Imagining her to be Filth was helping me to some extent but her split eyes were giving me the chills for real. The rage in her eyes was burning like wildfire.

"I'm warning for the last time," She threatened me. I put my finger on the trigger and put slight pressure on it. She gave a low growl before finally putting her hands over the table. I watched her like a hawk as she scribbled an address on the paper. I wasn't able to read it properly because it was in Hecdinian.

As soon as she was done writing the address, I reached for the paper and that's when she took me by surprise my overturning the table over me all of a sudden.

I managed to step back in time to not be crushed by that huge and heavy table. Without wasting a moment, I fired in her direction even though I wasn't really good at my aim. It missed her by a foot, making her laugh. I almost stubbled back due to the recoil. I never imagined it to be that strong.