Chapter 4 (Prophecies and Potential)

(Isaac's POV)

I made my way to Esmerelda's house thinking about the previous day's events. I had never received such kindness after I got the illness. I was more than happy when we became friends and so I don't plan on telling Esmerelda yet in case she stops being my friend. When I reached her house, we immediately started talking about the curse and she showed me the inscriptions, they looked normal enough to me but Esmerelda says that she senses an aura around it and that her amulet was heating up. She told me to hold the inscriptions, probably then  I will feel it and sure enough I saw the flat rock on which the inscriptions were written glow. I yelped as I felt my amulet turn hot. I dropped the rock on the bed which we were sitting on and noticed scarlet digging through drawers muttering "It has to be here."

"What has to be there?", I asked.

"There was this box and I need it.", she said

"Why do we need a box?", I asked.

"That inscription exhibits extreme  power, I can sense it. We need something to restrict its power and hold it.", she said.

"Your right." , I said

"Voila!", She said.

She was holding a box just enough to fit the inscription. I carefully took the inscription and put it in the box before it started glowing. I remembered that we needed to call my grandpa but didn't know how.

"Now how do we summon your grandpa.", she asked.

"I don't know, Probably if we channel our power and focus on the person we ant to summon we can probably do it.", I said. 

"Are you sure?", she asked.

"Yes, hundred percent.", I said.

I don't know where I got all this knowledge from but I knew this  would work. 

"Well what are we waiting for, come on!", I said holding my hand out for Esmerelda to take.

"I don't know. Well if you say so.", She said taking my hand.

I focused on my inner power. I thought of my grandpa and tried to channel my power towards him. I had forgotten the name of the city in which he lived in but I still tried. I felt me and Esme rising. We were surrounded by a golden aura and then suddenly I felt my surroundings melt into darkness. I felt Esmerelda loose her concentration and we fell into a void of darkness..........

I woke up to see Esmerelda in deep conversation with a girl. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She had an amulet just like mine and Esmerelda's. She was wearing shorts and a t shirt just like Esmerelda. I got up with lots of effort and walked over to the girls and noticed the both of them were frowning as if they are puzzled about something. 

"What happened and who is she?", I asked Esmerelda eying the other girl.

"Well, when we were channeling our power I felt a strong burst of power so strong that knocked me off my feet when I fell I saw that your amulet was glowing it was showing an inscription and I found out it was the symbol of the Impala. I got a doubt and checked my amulet and sure enough I saw an inscription on it too this time it was the inscription of an eagle. When I came back I saw that you were lying on the ground and passed out. Then I saw her and her symbol is a chameleon.", She said pointing at the other girl.

I turned to the girl and asked her, "So miss chameleon, how did you come here and how do I know I can trust you?"

"Excuse me! I have name that is Cordelia. And I was relaxing on my porch when this portal suddenly opened up and sucked me through. As for the answer for your second question, me and Esmerelda have already discussed this. I am the missing piece mentioned in the prophecy.

"Hold on! What prophecy?", I asked.

"When you passed out, a small from of your grandfather appeared and narrated this prophecy.", She said handing me the notebook. 

Together eagle and Impala shall begin 

At a feeble attempt one among them they shall find 

To discover potential within 

And do the service assigned 

Together the three shall strive 

To stop the place from overwhelm 

Using inner potential they shall contrive 

And save their only realm.

"The eagle and the Impala?", I asked.

"That means us and One among us talks about Cordelia here.", Said Esmerelda.

"Now we were just wondering what the animal means and what it means by  Potential.", Said Cordelia.

"Well to be honest even I have no idea even though I remember something like this.", I said.

After this we just sat racking our brains and reading books until it was time to go home. I took Cordelia to my place as she doesn't have a house. I thought for sometime because I was a hundred percent sure I knew it and then I got it! I got the answer! I had known it all along but I didn't think of the right thing! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys!

That's it for chapter 4. I made this chapter long to make up for the last one. I hope it did and Please feel free to point out any errors and chapter names. Don't hesitate to ask any doubts! I have some questions you guys can guess. 

1. What do you think is Isaac's illness? 

2. What do you think the answer Isaac found out is?

Post your guesses in the comments!

Love, 

Alyssa_Carton