PROLOGUE

Makarov was strolling around the forest one day to get away from his troublesome children for a while when he heard the sound of a child crying from a distance. He followed the sound and ended up in a small clearing with a child with long and wavy dark purple hair kneeling down on the ground crying, her feet littered with cuts and bruises, her dress dirty and her hair a mess.

"Another one?" He sighed and approached the child who backed away when she saw him approaching and cried harder. "Hey, hey, it's alright little one. What's your name?" He smiled gently to the girl which seemed to calm her a little as she sniffled and wiped her face with her small hands which made the dirt on her nose spread making Makarov chuckle giving her a handkerchief. "Here, use it to wipe the dirt on your face dear, it's okay."

The girl reached out for the handkerchief and used it to wipe her face, still keeping her wary eyes on Makarov who's still smiling at her. "My name is Estella." The girl said now relaxing, her crying stopped.

"Well hello Estella, My name is Makarov. Why are you out here all alone?"

"I'm looking for my dragon, her name is Celeste. Can you help me find her? Please?" Estella said, looking up at the old man with her big pleading eyes.

"A dragon eh?"

"Mhm!"

"Well I haven't seen any dragons around. But a few weeks ago there was another kid who's also looking for a dragon like you. Do you want to come with me? You can go meet this kid, then you can both look for your dragons. Are you okay with that?"

"But.... what if Celeste comes back and she sees that I'm gone?"

"Then we'll leave something here. Maybe a letter? You can write to her that you're going to Magnolia. Then we'll leave it somewhere she can easily see, is that okay?"

"Okay... can you write it for me? Celeste said my writing is bad." Estella said, looking at the ground with a dejected look.

"Alright then." Makarov then pulled out a spare parchment from the pocket of his coat and wrote down the place they were going to and went to post it on a tree trunk nearby. "That should do it. Then, shall we go now?"

"Okay.. But will Celeste really see the letter? She's reaaaaally tall..." The girl said dusting her knees and hands before taking Makarov's outstretched hand gesturing how tall the dragon was with her tiny hands, letting him lead her away from the forest and out to a new life filled with adventures.