Part Ten: An old friend

Jack's first instinct is to pull out his shotgun, the moment he does. He sees only one simple pale finger with a smirking lucifer who flicks Jack. Jack goes flying back and his body glitches out. As he splits. Jack lands on the ground and someone who looks like Jack, but with a flaming skeleton, body lands right next to him.

They both get up and they look at each other with shock and horror as they turn to Lucifer who's chuckling.

"Surprised? you forget that I own your soul. I can do whatever I please to you. I can just separate your little connection with my little brother and you're nothing more than an ordinary man once again."  Lucifer sneers

"Yeah right, I'm the little brother, but you're the one who was cast down here. And look where it got you. You could barely defeat me the first time we fought when I didn't have a host, and while I was completely insane. Let's see if you can do that again."  Zarathos says walking towards Lucifer but is then stopped by Jack who places a hand on Zaratho's shoulder.

"Not now Zarathos. We're not here to fight. Not here, not in the hotel. Another time."

"Speak for yourself, I'm no longer bound to you. I can do what I want when I want." Zarathos says trying to move closer to Lucifer.

"Zarathos please, if you do this it won't end well. Do you really think you can do this in front of all these people?"

Zarathos pauses, taking a scan around the room. "Danmit fine. I won't fight today, let's just fuse back together."

Jack nods and Zarathos places his hand on Jack, zarathos then walks into Jack.  a flash of light later and Jack is the only one there. 

"How interesting. Since when did you learn to do that my little hunter?"  Lucifer says walking into the hotel.

"A while ago,"  Jack replies. Lucifer walks over to charlie and gives her a big hug.

"Charlie dear! How are you doing?"  He says as charlie gives him a hesitant hug back.

"Doing fine dad. What brings you to the hotel? "  

"Simple, I wanted to see my daughter and how her little dream was doing. Is that so bad?" Lucifer asked t a half smiling charlie who shaked her head.

"No, not bad at all. Just glad to see you. And no funny business alright?"  Charlie said sounding stern as lucifer chuckled.

"No funny business at all daughter." 

"Good, then let me show you around the hotel!"  Charlie said as she took her father by the hand and leads him into the hallway.

Jack lets out a sigh of relief as he sits down  "That could have gone much much worse."

"Ya' think?" Angel says

"What happened?"  Vaggie asks Jack.

"SImple, he just rocked my shit."  Jack casually says back.

"But how? how did he do that to you?" Vaggie asks.

"Simple, he has a hold on my soul. He can control my entire body if he so chose to. I can't do anything. I'm bound to his will for the foreseeable future. And I can't see a way out."

"Well, there has to be some way you can stop that from happening. That looked freaky as shit."  Husker says

"Not possible. I've tried everything, and I mean everything. Only 1 person in the history of forever has ever been able to break the hold of the devil. He was a ghost rider like me. He was from the cowboy era. He's a legend, Carter Slade."