Chapter 12

Warning: lots of sexual content ♥️ let me know what you think

__________

The night stretches into pattering snow, soft kisses and entwined limbs, and Loki pulls you against his chest, saying how beautiful you look as sleep casts you adrift. He's never seen a more captivating woman, and Asgard isn't short of them, but you...there's something about you that mesmerises him. Forces him to concentrate. To keep watch on your face for the slightest flicker. For there...that's where the enigma is hidden, deep within your eyes. He'd caught a glimpse of it when he was buried inside you. That silent crashing moment as you'd come around him, your pussy clenched tight, urging him to come too.

Wild freedom.

But much like everything, freedom tends to come at a price. And as Loki wraps you tighter into his chest, breathing in the fresh mountain scent of your hair, he wonders whether you're willing to pay it.

In that moment, where you'd come undone, crying out for more, he would've said yes. That you'd take that freedom and make it yours—it belonged to the same girl he'd seen wrestle with sleighs, husky dogs and menacing snowstorms to make it back to safety. The one that swam naked under the stars and opened herself up to a stranger. But the other girl—the one who enjoyed holding him at arm's length and questioning his motives—he didn't know what she'd do.

Loki presses a kiss to your bare shoulder, a frown on his face. I want her to pick freedom...I know deep down she wants it. She needs to see what she's capable of...what else awaits her. Loki brushes your hair back, clutching you to him and brushing a kiss across your forehead. And I want to be there when she does...

But what would that mean for him? He'd spent so much time considering what you should do, that he'd forgotten his own predicament. It's not too different. Expectations placed on you. Your family wanting you to do the right thing—the right thing in their eyes. What of his wants and needs?

To be Thor's equal is all he's ever wanted. But as time passes and as more of Thor's duties come to light, the further that desire seems attainable. And right now, entwined with a Midgardian girl who has never set foot from her own small portion of the world, the fact doesn't seem so awful.

Loki gazes at your face—how the soft candlelight flickers across the delicate skin of your eyelids. He takes a deep breath. Would Mother and Father care that I'm with her? Mother, maybe not...but Father...? Odin had his own stories, for sure. But Loki didn't know what his opinion would be for him and his life. And generally, the King of Asgard always had an opinion.

Above, the igloo continues to melt away the tumbling snow. It's falling a lot slower now—barely at all—allowing for more starlight to trickle through, as well as a curious green hue that he'd never noticed before. Loki squints up through the large melted sections, peering up at the night sky.

"Odd." He frowns, untangling from you to sit up slightly for a better view.

The movement stirs you awake, and for a moment you have no idea where you are. The soft light. The igloo. The naked man sitting beside you, wrapped in furs. "Loki?" you whisper, following his gaze.

"There's a green light outside, Y/N."

You hum low in your throat, following it with a smile. "The Aurora. The storm is over for now."

"The Aurora..." he repeats.

"Just wait," you say, turning over onto your back.

Minutes pass before the snow is fully melted, and beyond the clear glass, streams of shimmering green light can be seen—twisting like ribbons and pinned to the velvet blackness above. Loki had seen a lot of cosmic sights, each one beautiful in its own right—the Bifrost, for example. An anomaly that demands awe and wonder from everyone who gets to see it. But here on Midgard, this Aurora might be one of the most beautiful things he's ever laid eyes on.