Chapter 1

"Come on you slowpokes! I want to show you guys what I had in mind for us to do today. Hurry up we don't have all day!" Thalia yelled over her shoulder as she ran towards her cabin.

"Actually we do! You're staying the weekend so CHILL!" Jason laughed at his older sister's impatience while rolling his eyes fondly.

It was a hot summer day when Thalia, Reyna, Hazel and Frank came to visit Camp half-blood for the weekend, not because the world was ending (again) just because they wanted to hang out with their friends. They met up with the rest of the 7, Calypso, Grover, Nico and Will (who Nico dragged along) so that they could all spend the day together.

...

After some friendly competitions (mostly between Percy, Jason and sometimes Thalia) they had decided to go to have lunch.

Once she had finished Thalia said that she had an idea, was going to set it up and would come and get them when it was ready.

Surprisingly she was done before they had finished lunch (and dessert). Thalia had impatiently waited for them to finish their dessert before declaring a race to her cabin, which she was currently winning.

...

Upon reaching the cabin Thalia came first, Reyna and Annabeth tied second and Percy and Jason tied third (though they kept saying that they had come in third not tied).

Once inside they saw cards set up with poker chips in the middle. Things only took a turn for the worse though when Thalia announced, "We should play POKER!"

Everyone (for one reason or another) knew how to play and eagerly agreed, except Percy who had gone deathly pale and began to tremble and hyperventilate with a look of untamed fear in his green eyes. This caught the undivided attention of all his friends who instinctually moved closer to see what was wrong, only for Percy to tense up as they approached.

"Stop moving you guys" Will Solace instructed, looking at all of them before returning his gaze to Percy. "You are overwhelming him and that's only making things worse!"

Immediately, everyone stops in their tracks and takes to calling out to him instead.

"Hey, Perce, you good man?" Jason asked his cousin while sharing a worried glance with his equally confused and worried sister.

"Perrrcy?" Grover asked his best friend. "What's wrong?"

"Yeah, Aquaman you ok?" Leo called worriedly, though he was trying to tone down his worry with humour. Keyword: trying.

The only answer was silence. That only worried them more as they all exchange looks, wondering what was going on with Percy.

Concerned, Annabeth moves closer and reaches out to comfort him, only for him to flinch and yelp "don't touch me!" before realizing that it was his girlfriend.

Muttering an apology, he quickly excuses himself and sprints away towards his cabin without another word, leaving his friends and girlfriend standing there in shock, confusion and worry.