Chapters 10 Trash Chute

"Ugh, this is hopeless...!" Kenji said. "None of these buttons do anything useful!"

Peter had pressed nearly all the buttons on the control panel, and not one did anything that would at least be an aid to them, in finding the Collider. "Maybe the Collider isn't even here, they'd probably hide something like that underground or something-" Sammy said. "Sam's right. I don't think they'll have something like that, right out in the open," Yaz said, agreeing with Sammy.

Kenji sighed, then looked over at Darius and Peter. "Well, you two got any other ideas?"

Darius looked at Peter. "You have any powers that you can use to help find it?"

Peter shook his head. "I mostly just have battle-type powers. They're supernatural, but they're not magical." He said. They all sighed. "Then how are we going to find it then?"

Peter looked around the room. He noticed a vent in the ceiling. "I'll be back- you all stay here-" He started to walk to the area, that had the vent on the ceiling. "Where are you going?" Darius asked. "You have an idea?" Kenji said after, but then stopped when he saw Peter shoot a web at the vent, zipping up to it, then quickly went inside.

"Damn, he's very agile..." Kenji said

"Giving Yaz some competition," Brooklyn said with a giggle. Yaz sighed, the playfully pushed Brooklyn. "Oh, shut up."

****

Peter kept on crawling through the vent, scanning for anything. Any sign of a way to find the Collider, or the Collider itself. He continued to crawl, passing through other vents, and seeing other rooms. "Nah, none of this is what I'm looking for." He said. There were just more and more useless rooms, filled with nothing that seemed like it could be used for a dimensional transportation machine. As he was crawling, he felt the vent rattle.

"W-What was that?" He said, a little startled. His Spider-Senses were going off a little bit. He drowned it out, mostly because he thought he was safe in the vent.

He was coming up to an intersection of the vent. But as soon as he reached the corner, a small dinosaur came running from the left, then hopped over him and kept on running. Peter got so startled, that he shot out way too many webs than what he had planned, and almost tangled himself in his own webs. "Oh, come on!" He snapped. He grunted, then took off the sticky webs, and then proceeded on. He crawled right up to a drop inside the vent. Peter peeked down, and saw that it looked as if it went down forever. "What the.... where does this lead?"

Then his spider senses kicked in forcefully. Something was above him falling down. He quickly took his head out from what he was looking at, and just in time, he saw some stuff falling. He stuck his head back in and looked up. "Is this some form of trash chute?"

But then, he heard some stuff falling down again and quickly retracted away from the chute. He caught a glimpse of some of the stuff falling, and most of it seemed like metal. "I have to see what's at the bottom of this chute, no way this leads outside. That has to be underground."

He started to spider crawl down the chute. He would of ran along the wall, to head down more quicker, but the chute wasn't wide enough for him to do so. So, he just has to crawl at a fast pace. Then, there was a loud buzzer sound. Peter figured out what it was. He didn't hear it last time, but it was the sound that part of the chute makes when there is trash entering.

"AHH!" Peter yelped as the metal junk slammed into his head. He looked up, but as soon as he did, one of the parts, slammed directly into his face, nearly knocking him out. He lost his balance, and his limbs unstuck from the wall.

He wasn't able to restick, until he fell down the chute, at the very end of it. Then, he managed to grab each side of the opening, but the remaining trash fell down and pushed him right into a giant bin that had all the metal scrap.

Peter sighed into the metal. He got face-planted into the metal heap. He groaned and got up. "Where... is this?" There was just metal around him in this bin. He could hear more of the stuff about to come down on him, so he quickly got out of the bin before they could bury him. After he got out, he looked around. "Am I even still in the same place as the guys?" Peter said, looking around. The room was huge. "How far did I fall?"

"Man if only I had my suit that has nightvision...." Peter groaned. The room was also dark, he could bearly see. But he sensed it was a very, very large room. "The Collider has to be in here. This is exactly where something like that would be kept."

All of a sudden, the lights came on. Peter looked around. "Uh...." He was about to around, but then he heard voices. Adult voices, not any teens or kids. He quickly jumped up, zapped his webs at the ceiling, and hung off of it, like a spider. As he was out of sight, a man walked inside the building. "Who is that?"

Then, another person walked in with them.

"Are you sure it does that?" The second guy who walked in said. Peter studied them, closely. The first guy said something, but Peter couldn't hear, so he dropped down on the webs just a little closer.

"I can't believe this Wu." The second guy said.

"Wu? That's... that Wu guy Darius and the rest were talking about?" Peter said to himself.

Wu seemed like he got upset at the man who was with him. Of the tone of his voice, the man got startled. "Yes, I'm sure! Weren't you there! And please, for the love of God, don't say that it was me who built this. Cause I definitely did not."

Peter was listing. "Built what? The Collider?"

Wu walked over to the wall, that had a lever. "Just look at this..." He said as he flipped it. A loud clang sound played out, then, another set of lights came on. Peter saw the glow, that was behind him, so he turned on his webs. He couldn't believe what he saw.

The Collider.

"Holy shit! It's the Collider!" He said to himself. "I found it!"

Wu walked up to it. "I still don't even know what this machine does..."

But then, Peter got a flashback of what happened not too long ago. From what Wu had said.

Don't say it was me who built this

"Huh?" Peter thought. "Wait... then if he didn't build it, then who did?"

Just then, the other guy started to talk to Wu. "I still don't believe you, when you told me this thing just appeared out of nowhere."

Wu sighed. "Well, I'm telling you the truth"

That's what caught Peter's attention. "Appeared out of nowhere? ....That's impossible...how... wait..." Then Peter's mind went racing. "These are dimensional transportation machines... how I did not appear in this room? Why... did I show up in the lab unconscious..." Peter didn't understand. He was supposed to emerge on the other side of the Collider, not get sent over a thousand meters away.

"But, I did find this..."

Peter heard Wu talking again, so he looked at him. But when he did, he gasped. Wu was holding onto his suit.

"I found this on the outside of the rim there. It seems to be some... onesie Halloween costume." Wu said. Peter blinked. "...That's an expensive superhero suit bitch," Peter said, obviously not loud enough for Wu to hear him.

Peter wanted to jump down to collect his suit, but he didn't want Wu and the other guy to see him. "I think it's best I go and tell Darius and the rest about this." He made his way over to the vent, hoping to be able to sneak past, but then he saw something nearby the Collider.

A dark shadow, in the shape of a human. "No...no no..." Peter said to himself. "Why? Why is that thing here?!"

Peter couldn't believe it. "How is Dark-Blade here?!" Peter was sure it was gone for good. "Where the hell is the letter that's supposed to be on it??" Peter knew he had to do something, as to Dark-Blade standing right there next to Wu.

"How does Wu not see it?!"

Wu was just chatting away with the other guy as if he was blind to see this dark creature next to him. "I have to go and warn everyone else. I'm not going near Dark-Blade alone..."