Chapter five

"you are"n't"awake"
*

Dream stopped breathing. He was frightened by everything, noises made him shiver, it wasn't a scary place at all but the people surrounding him and the whole situation were too much to handle. He wanted to take a walk outside to get away from the negativity but he was too scared to miss when he'll be out. Because he will be okay, he will, right? Dream wasn't lonely in this place, the boys of Nightmare were here either sitting or walking. Science finally arrived after an hour or so with new information about Nightmare's states.

"How is he doing?"
Dream asked politely with a smile that looked more like a grin.

"He is fine do not worry, well you guys should be careful of what he does. I know I shouldn't tell you that because he wanted to keep it private but he already came for bad stuff he did to himself some time ago and if he continues like that..Be careful, can I trust you on that ?"

"But what can we do ? He's a dumbass because when we talk to him he ignores us!"
Science sigh.

"Well you guys could ask someone to take care of him, a person who he can trust."
They tried to think about someone, nobody was a good option at all.

"What about Error ? Even though they hate each other they're close and he always listen to him anyway."
Dust proposed.

"You think so ? Yeah he can trust him but you know that in this case Nightmare isn't the problem but Error is. He would ask for something we couldn't get."

"It's not a good idea."
Horror rolled his eyes, thinking about why his colleagues were this stupid, the solution is right in front of them and they never thought about it.

"Dream you look close to him, could you do us a favor and take care of him?"
The gang looked behind them as they remembered that Dream is with them.

"I can try to do something about it." He says as he fiddles his fingers.

"Nightmare won't trust you man, isn't it better if he stays here ?"
Killer asked Science, ignoring Dream again.

"Horror's right, Dream should be the one who takes care of boss."
Science looked at Dream a smile on his face. They talked about it for a long, they finally realized that Dream was the best option in this situation. He was the first to be able to see Nightmare. He opened the door and switched the light on, he walked till the bed and sat there once he was close. Nightmare was still asleep, he looks sick and broken. Dream couldn't touch him even though he wished he could hug him.

"I am sorry brother, it's my fault if you're going through all of this."
He knew that he was really anxious back then and probably still is, he was bullied and Dream preferred to close his eyes on his brother's problem. He regretted every single one of his action as he patiently waited in silence, just like he wished Nightmare finally woke up. His head felt too heavy for his body. Nightmare sat as he stared at Dream a bit confused of what was happening but he understood quickly by looking at the place he was in. Science's office, a white and cold room

"What are you doing here ?"
He quickly ask.

"The question isn't why I am here but why are you here."
He sigh, looking down at the floor.

"You already have the answer idiot."
He looked away, he wasn't scared of what Dream was going to say or thinking of. He just hated that he looked weak because he almost got killed by his own hand. "I'm weak." he cries out.

"You are the most powerful person I've ever seen in my five thousand years of life."
Dream held Nightmare's hand, smirking.

"You should hate me like you did before, you should just fucking stop caring about me ! I'm not even someone important to you. I've always been the attention seeker in your eye, I was never your little brother who needed help, I've always been weak so you preferred to call me strong to close your eyes on my problem because 'hey Nightmare is strong he'll handle everything by himself! Fuck off Dream, go away!"

Dream's point of view :

He wasn't like always, affirming the fact that he is weak is something he would never do. Nightmare always considered himself as someone really powerful but he was true, he wasn't strong and I'm an idiot for always thinking he was. I always called him a liar but he is the one who sees the truth, better than me.

"Night, you're right."
He looked at me terrified. I've never seen that look before, he always look so confident. My brother is horrified.

"No Dream you can't accept that ages after! It's too fucking easy, it's easier when I'm the liar and you're the one seeking the truth!"

"I regret! I really regret, I've hated myself since the moment I realized that I purposely ignored your problems because it was easy, let me change, please!" My cheeks are wet, I see the tears falling on my golden jacket.

"You waited all of this time to actually tell me that once I was gonna die?"

Nightmare's point of view :

He's a monster. He killed a part of me without mercy, and he regrets after all of this time. It's so easy for him, he thinks I'll forgive him and forget those years of suffering he could have spared. I should probably leave and never come back. No more Bad Sanses, no more Dream, just myself in a lonely place just so I could do like him, ignore the truth. But I can't, if I want to accept the truth I need to accept everything that's happening, he suffered because of me too the hate was mutual and now it's not anymore. He wants to move on, with me. Dream's soft hand holds my hand tighter, his sobs are silent.

"I wanted things to be easier, by being friends with the villagers I could get all the foods we needed, the books, the blankets, the warm clothes. It was for us that I ignored it, I.. I ignored you to take care of you, it's absurd but I thought this was the solution! I was.. We were kids, of course we were idiots but we're grown up now, that's why I apologize now, things can't stay forever truth and lie and hate forever."

"No more hate?"

"Never."

"Pinky promise? He giggles.

"Pinky promise!"