𝟎𝟖

18 Years Ago...

Flashback from Her Endless Road

I doze off into my mind until I hear a familiar voice calling my name. "Erinna? Erinna?"

My mind quickly snaps out of it and looks straight to see a sexy Alexandros with... Mickey Mouse ears on?

"You like the new ears? I bought them so I could match little one" Alexandros says as he bounces the coddling baby in his arms. I had bought Milana Minnie Mouse ears so that she could play with them and use them but I didn't think Alexandros would want to get into it.

I rolled my eyes and started to giggle as the cutest little giggles escape Milana while her papa is holding her.

𝟱:𝟬𝟬 𝗔𝗠 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲

𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝗨𝗦𝗔

𝟮 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲...

My eyes flutter open as the feeling of sadness filled my mind and body. I slowly retrieved my phone from my cabinet and looked at the time. My heart slowly breaks as I look at the date.

This week marks the 18th anniversary of my Papas death.

A slow, dramatic, tear falls down my cheek as more come out. I clutch my chest as the feeling overwhelmed me. I get up from my warm bed and walk into my bathroom. I look into the mirror to see my red, puffed-up face with streaks of tears running down my cheeks.

I turn the faucet on and splash the cold water upon my face just trying to get myself under control. My hair was put in a messy bun and my pajamas consisted of a Nike sports bra and some Calvin Klein men's underwear.

I slowly turn the faucet off as the feeling of reality comes back to me again. I need to be strong! This is what Papa would've wanted. The crisp cold air that followed from the forgotten opened window
, that I forgot about last night, sent shivers down my almost nude body.

I quickly try to finish my business in the restroom but am abruptly stopped by a notification on my phone. "Your 10 o'clock plane ride to Italy has been confirmed. Thank you for your time."

I felt my sudden nervousness decline as the thought of being with my family brought immediate comfort.

Every year on my Papas death anniversary, we all join together as a family and remember the good times everyone shared with my Dad. It especially hits different for my Mama. She tries to put a big front for everyone but I know my Mom. There were nights where she silently sobbed while holding one of my dad's shirts in their room.