🐥🐿️ | you and i

Jisung pov:

I could practically hear the intense silence as I was sitting on the bench, staring at the new boy standing awkwardly beside my coach. From what I'm assuming, we got another soccer teammate and he seemed to be new here as he was wearing some Nike black shorts, a plain white top with adidas printed in the corner of his top and black socks with worn out cleats. I could sense the way the freckled boy felt shy because he was biting the inside of his cheeks, his hands anxiously playing around with the hem of his shirt and his eyes darting anyone stares.

"Hello players, meet yongbok! He will be joining and training with us for a while so please welcome him." My coach nodded his head after speaking before pressing his lips together making a slight smile. I smiled at yongbok when his eyes finally met mine when his gazes were quickly falling upon from one player to another. He gave me a soft small smile back before injecting something after some hesitation.

"Umm- I- can you call me Felix instead?" He lowered his head immediately after asking his question, stuttering a bit from the beginning. My gazes from the new boy moved to the snickering players beside me as I heard them making fun of the new boy name. I nudged and glared at them before whispering to them to shut up as I didn't want the cute boy to feel uncomfortable.

Yes I did say he is cute but how could I not? He has such pretty yet unique features that makes him stand out a lot with litters of freckles across the bridge of his nose to his cheek bone. His voice caught me off guard a bit as he has such a cute baby-like face for such a deep tone. I had a feeling that he wasn't from here but I didn't question any further. I felt myself wanting to get to know him more as he was so interesting in my eyes.

Sadly the snickers didn't go unnoticed by the freckled boy as he shifted uncomfortably with a hint of embarrassment and hurt in his eyes. I wanted to yell at my teammates beside me for making him self conscious and most likely doubting about coming here in the first place. I was going to say something but my coach Dave beat me first before I could say anything.

3rd pov:

"Sure! Are you from here?" Dave asked kindly towards Felix with a soft warming smile that could make anyone feel less uncomfortable. The freckled boy seemed to take a while as he apologized for having a hard time understanding.

"No. I'm from Australia." He answered Dave with a simple smile as he continued to look around anxiously.

"Oh that's cool! So when did you get here? You speak English right? How was it there?" Dave urges questions after question leaving the poor confused boy trying to process every question.

"Ermm-I'm sorry I don't understand what you say-said." He stuttered once again while playing with the string dangling from his bag and not the hem of his shirt that is now a bit wrinkled from all the twisting.

"Omg I'm so sorry! I apologize. I will ask your parents instead, is that alright?" Dave has always been a caring coach and person in general. He made sure everyone was safe and comfortable. He hates when he overwhelmed his players or just anyone and would apologize endlessly.

The freckled boy nodded as he looked along the bench to see where he could sit. His vision first landed on the seat near the end of the bench as he made his way there but was stopped when a hand stopped him from moving further.

"You can't sit here," the stern voice made Felix look at who stopped him with shaking eyes. He was about to apologize but the stern voice who belonged to the same person that was making fun of his name earlier spoke before he could.

"You probably didn't even understand what I said. Go somewhere else kid and don't bother us." The boy laughed with his friends as Felix didn't know what to do but stood there. He could make out some words he said but not completely. He felt hopeless at that moment as he knew the jerk boy laugh wasn't in a joking way but making fun of him. He lowered his head out of embarrassment before he heard someone yell his name causing him to glance back and turn around.