Y/N Origin Story

TW: Harsh sequences of death

You first saw Eddie Brock on Channel 9 News while eating microwavable ramen noodles and sitting in your living room, criss-cross position on your couch.

You just didn't know it yet.

Not, obviously, because Eddie Brock wasn't as good-looking as the camera made him look at that moment.

But, instead, because he was currently a gelatinous alien man. Fighting another gelatinous alien man. What were the odds?

You could've sworn you were dreaming. Heck, you should've wished you were dreaming, because you instantly recognized the place they were fighting.

Your best friend worked there.

Before you knew it, you were in the car, driving at full speed while frantically calling her. She wouldn't pick up. You sweated feverishly in worry as you sped through some stop signs. It seemed the police were too busy watching the news, as you didn't get pulled over once. The phone continued to ring until it went to voicemail.

"Jennifer? It's Y/N, please pick up your phone! Oh God, Jennifer, I just saw the news. What's happening? Please tell me this is a joke. Call me if you're okay." You muttered anxiously into the phone as you turned onto the street her building was on. It was almost completely blocked by ambulances and police who would not let anybody pass. But you didn't see any authorities trying to get anyway near the building as well.

When you finally saw the two creatures, your heart jumped. You slammed your brakes and parked the car where it was, not caring about anything at all except getting inside that building and finding her. She was like a sister to you. Running past the policemen, you heard someone shouting at you, but you ignored them, crossing the block line they had set up. Nobody dared to follow you. As you ran to the front entrance, the door was partially jammed, so you had to break some glass to get in. You could hear slamming bangs from above, as the building quivered. It only now occurred to you that maybe this wasn't a great idea.

Still, your friend was here, you couldn't just leave.

"Jennifer!! Anyone??" you called out, going deeper into the building. There must have been a flame because the smoke was started to surround you. You coughed, trying not to inhale much.

It wasn't until you started climbing the stairs to the second floor that you heard a voice.

It was faint, but with your extremely adrenaline-filled body, you could hear it clearly.

"Y/N....?" the voice whispered. Then they groaned.

"Jennifer??" you asked, running up into a conference room and nearly gagging at the sight of all the bodies. Most of them were slashed, some were seemingly impaled. And leaning against the wall, breathing shallowly, was Jennifer.

"Oh my God!" you screamed, running up to her and dropping to your knees.

"What happened, Jennifer? JENNIFER! Who did this to you!? Stay with me!" you cried out.

Jennifer tilted her head toward you and grimaced. "C..Carlton..." she winced, "Dr. Drake...he-"

With a shaky breath, Jennifer suddenly slumped to the ground. You tried to shake her, but it was no use. She was gone.

Standing up, you didn't know what else to do but run. You wiped your tears, tripping down the steps and landing in a heap. The building shook violently.

Suddenly, a piece of the ceiling fell and blocked the entrance, or exit in your case, in front of you. You gasped, realizing that flames were now engulfing the whole bottom of the building. You couldn't reach the stairs any longer, they were blocked by the fire. The only way left was an open room, barely touched by the flames. You opened the door, closed in, and ran towards the nearest window. You banged on it for help, but you knew nobody would come. Your reckless self didn't think this through. You looked around, but only harsh chemicals seemed to embody the room. In fact, some even had danger symbols on them. 

You only barely noticed the backward "Do Not Enter" sign on the door window when the building exploded.