Meeting Them

Four weeks later, you would have probably expected yourself to be in a hospital room, barely clinging to life.

But that wasn't the case.

3 months later, you were probably still in a coma.

But that wasn't the case either.

Instead, you were fit as a fiddle, to your bafflement, and currently working on the biggest project you had ever put yourself out to do; proving a dead man guilty of murder.

See, you had been found inside the chemical room - excuse me, the rubble of the chemical room- without a scratch on you. Everyone was completely shocked until one doctor suggested that the secure padding in the room had saved you from the extent of the explosion. That was why you were the only survivor. This had, at least, put you to ease while you focused on more important topics. That included your best friend's murder. Before she died, she uttered the name of her boss after you had asked her who had harmed her. You're grieving was over. Now, you were completely focused on bringing down the legacy he had created and showing people who he really was - even if he had already died.

That had brought you to the apartment of one Eddie Brock, former news specialist, and (from what you had heard) really good sleuth.

As you were about to knock on the door, you suddenly fell forward as a man opened it already. You recognized him immediately. He caught you, causing you to instinctively look up at him. He gave you an awkward smile, and you held his arm to lift yourself back up. Your grip must have been increasingly tight, though, because letting go seemed to be a relief.

Regaining your composure, you stood up and tried not to blush.

"Mr. Brock, my name is Y/N. I have a few questions to ask you, and I was wondering if you could help me."

Brock grinned, although his eyes seemed extremely tired. "Well, nice to meet you Y/N. Call me Eddie, please. Eh, what type of help? Do I need to catch you again?"

You blushed. "No... it's actually quite important." you cleared your throat and added, "It's about XYZ Laboratories."

Eddie laughed slowly. He seemed to be daydreaming about something or having a conversation with himself. "I don't know if I can help you with that."

"Please, Eddie. I don't know anybody else who can help me. I'd like to talk to you about it, later today, if you could. There's a cafe just down the street."

Eddie sighed. He thought for a second, then added, "Fine, Y/N. But look, I can't promise I'll be much help."

You smiled anyways and thanked him for his help. You were one step closer to your goal.