𝘵𝘸𝘰

Sitting in my bed, I stare down at the familiar picture frame laid in my hands

Sitting in my bed, I stare down at the familiar picture frame laid in my hands. The same old picture still brings up too many emotions, I hated it. Holding on to people who were already long gone. A photo of me and my parents, we were laid in the grass and I was in the middle of them. We had the biggest smile plastered on our faces.

My parents had a lot of secrets, their cause of death was never told or explained to me. It's like I still have a open wound and it never will heal. Their voices are fading, I can't remember them like I use to. A tear falls from my eye and hits the glass of the picture frame.

Two small knocks on my door pull me out thought, I quickly wipe both of my eyes putting the picture frame back onto the dresser. "Come in" I yell through the door, my aunt slowly opens the door taking a seat beside my legs on the bed.

Something was wrong, the expression on her face telling me something bad has happened. "What is it?" I sit up, worried about whatever she was going to tell me. It wasn't going to be good.

"You might wanna go check on Peter" Her hand lays on top of mine. "W-what? Why? Is everything okay?" I was now standing up and putting my shoes on. If Peter needed me, I was going to be there.

"There was an accident. Peter's uncle Ben... He - He passed away, Arya. I'm sorry" She stands up in front of me. I could physically feel my heart drop along with my jaw. This has to be some sort of cruel joke. Tears immediately pooled my eyes.

"No, no, you're lying. How did - oh my god" I put my hand on top of my heart suppressing the horrible feeling I had. My aunt embraces me with a hug.

"I - I have to go see Peter... I can't imagine how he's feeling right now... and May. Oh my god" I pull away from her grabbing a random jacket out of my closet. "It's okay, go... I'll see you when you get back"

I nod my head, pulling her in for one more hug before I jetted outside, running. I knew Peter wasn't doing well, his aunt May is now all that he has left. My heart is breaking for them. I was always close to Ben and May, they both treated me like family.

Once I got to the door I didn't bother to knock, not even thinking of it. Aunt May was sitting in the kitchen with her face buried into his hands, just that sight alone made more tears stream from me. I take a deep breath, gathering myself together before walking over to her. I softly place my hand on her back, she looks up to me before turning fully around and gripping me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, May. He didn't deserve this." I shake my head against her. "Thank you, Arya" She rubs my back, "Go see Peter... He really needs you right now" She pulls away from me and I slowly nod.

"You know i'm here for you right? Both of you. Whatever you need" I wanted to make it known, I would do anything for either of them. "You always are, that's the type of person you are. That's what Ben loved about you" She runs the pad of her thumb across my cheek, her words made it harder to suppress the tears.