chapter 11

Hello, my dear distant cousin. "Mrreow." The one-eyed feline greeted calmly.

Claude threw another barrage of golden knives at said demon, only for him to block them entirely by swinging the thick coat upwards, temporarily blinding you and your master, who stumbled off of you. And in that distraction, Sebastian snatched the box from your master, and darted past the spider demon with incredible (yet unsurprising) speed, with the feline following after him.

How dare he steal from my master!

"He's getting away!" Alois exclaimed in alarm, watching as the Phantomhive butler fled for the stairs. He then delivers a firm slap to your flank, not an angry slap, but one that someone would give to a horse to send them off. "Sick them, (name)!" And send you off he did. With a snarl, you quickly turned and followed after Claude to pursue him, dimly hearing the urgent calls of your master behind you.

"Get them, girl!"

"Don't kill them! I want him alive!"

"Especially that filthy cat!"

You and Claude both pursue the runaway Phantomhive members up the stairs, and you watched as Claude threw stream after stream of golden knives at him, until sebastian finally reached the trunk in the kitchen, stumbling and falling into it back first, to shield it from the 3 knives that struck him in both his shoulders, causing him to wince in pain. Claude walks upto the temporarily subdued butler, with you walking along beside him, eyes narrowed in contempt.

"Do you value that trunk above your own life?" Asked Claude in his usual monotone voice.

No reply. Just a defiant glare.

"Pity." He then makes a motion with his hand, signaling you to attack. Under normal circumstances, you'd likely ignore him and yawn in defiance, but at the moment, your master wanted him for something, and you weren't about to let what your master wanted escape.

You leapt at the sitting demon with a roar, and with a brief flash of pity, he moves at a near impossible speed and dodges your attack, prompting you to smack your head into the wall with a grunt.

With a growl of frustration, you quickly turned and chased after him, just in time to see the demon start to stumble, as the quick movement was enough to unlock the case in his grip. He staggered to keep himself steady, you took the opportunity to lunge at him, knocking into the demon with your large forepaws and pinning him to the ground with your paws pressed into his back, pushing the knives that were stoll in his shoulders deeper. He groaned in discomfort as he looked up at the trunk you managed to knock out of his hands, which was now fully opened for all to see. Your eyes widened at the contents that were now exposed to you both.

"Ciel Phantomhive...?!"

You turned your head to see alois approach with a twisted look of excitement. "Oh good girl, (name)!" He gushed as his eyes locked with the small child curled up in the case. "I finally have you!" He exclaims with a maniacal cheerfulness. "You're mine!"

"You're wrong about that." Sebastian spoke calmly, grunting as he tried to push himself up, but your weight was keeping him down. He suddenly looks off to the side, smirking at something. "Isn't that correct, mistress?"

Huh-?

You were suddenly met with a sharp pain running up your eye, prompting you to roar in agony and rear backwards, coming close to knocking into your master until Claude steadies you by grabbing your scruff

"No..!" Alois exclaims in horror as you shook your head in an attempt to relieve the pain, before looking over at the (color) Javanese standing atop the countertop, dropping the golden butter knife from her mouth.

"We would never let the likes of you touch him." Sebastian states, fully picking himself up, and running a hand over her head. "Someone as vulgar as yourself isn't worth of going anywhere near this trunk, nor with you ever be."

Only a touch will defile out young master. "Grrrrwwrl..." The cat hissed, lashing her tail as her contemptuous stare rested squarely on alois. Noticing this directness, alois responds with confusion and anger. "What-!?"

Before he could further question what he had seen, Sebastian swiftly gathers his trunk and cat, before jumping onto a nearby trolly, making yet another get away on it.

"You put your feet on something that's meant to carry food..." Claude notes, beginning his chase yet again. "What kind of butler are you!?" Shaking off your pain, you quickly join in the chase, now spurred by the determination to take the stupid Phantomhive rat down for not only screwing up your face, but for letting your prey slip from your paws.

"What kind of butler am I?" Sebastian asks, grinning mischievously. "Why I'm simply one-" He was cut off by a small paw on his chin. No, it's not quite time for that line yet. "Puurrrowr."

You reach the twin stairs, to which both butlers slide down the railings gracefully while you made it down the stairs in a few bounds, standing in the center of the foyer as if you were blocking their path.

You flee instead of fighting, feline! "Roooar!" You mocked at the cat perched on the demon's shoulder, who simply stares back at you smuggly. Before you could think about your next move, the demon leaps off his trolly ride, landing atop the massive chandelier that hung over head.

"Well, the mistress has learned your ways." Sebastian answered calmly. "Turning day into night. Sugar into salt. Navy into golden..."

That was when... the corners of the feline's mouth lifted, an unnaturally sinister smile spreading across her face revealing a row of pearly white fangs.

Then... her mouth opened.

And she spoke;

"And It appears that I must transform golden into black."

Before you could even register her words, the chandelier suddenly came loose from the ceiling, and you barely had anytime to look up to see the multiple pounds if glass hurdle towards you.

And very much like the Phantomhive feline's words...

Everything went black.