chapter 12

"It's dark..."

"Oh my (name), where are you...?

"Please be okay..."

You could barely groan as you heard the small, shaky voice of your master call out in the darkness. Instinctively, you tried to move, but your body was met with an electrical jolt of sharp, shearing pain shot all throughout your body. Cracking an eye open, you find that everything was shrouded in shadow; you couldn't see a single thing.

What the hell happened?

"Lights!"

At once, the candles came to life all around the foyer; coupled with Hannah and the Triplets entering with three pronged candles. You found that you were sprawled out on the floor. You tried to open both eyes but you found that your left eye was stuck shut due to the caked on blood keeping it shut. Blasted furball. She'll pay for this. You blinked a couple times, forcing yourself up into the resting position, you try and assess the damage that had happened.

...Strangely enough, you saw no sign of the dismounted chandelier anywhere. There wasn't even a single shard of glass anywhere.

Just the golden-eyed spider looming over you with his usual monotone expression.

That was when a realization struck you.

Where were the ones that caused this? Where's that bird demon?

More importantly, where is that pesky Phantomhive feline?

CRASH!

Your head shot up at the sound of a large window shattering, and you looked up at a window that had been butsted out. A hot jolt of adrenaline burned your body at a horrible realization. They were getting away!

"Go after him!" Cried Alois, who was already making his way towards you on shaky hands and knees. "Quickly!"

At that order, the servants depart to go after the thieving Phantomhive associates. You quickly gather yourself and pushed yourself onto your paws, quickly making your way towards-

"No, (Name), not you!"

You didn't even have time to register the plea as Alois clambered towards you and gripped your back leg into both of his hands quite tightly. "You can't go!"

The frantic panic in his voice stopped you dead in your tracks as you swung your head around to meet with wide blue eyes staring back at you. You were caught off guard by how wide and pleading they were at you, as he moved up to clutch desperately at your leg.

Even Claude found himself pausing his pursuit to watch the display in slight astonishment. A puny human desperately throwing himself to the paws of an apex predator.

"Master?" He spoke out in question. Was this kid serious?

"Don't leave..." The boy's voice faltered, becoming uneven with emotion. "Don't leave me..."

"Don't leave me alone..."

"You can't leave me all alone to..."

You watched as tears started to fall from the platinum blonde's eyes, and it was right here that you were reminded that this heir was still a child.

A broken one at that.

You couldn't resist.

Claude watched with an apathetic expression as you instictively turned around and curled yourself around the small child, wrapping your forepaws around him into a hug. You murmured lowly in your throat, hoping the vibrations in your chest would ease the quivering child. Claude narrowed his eyes ever so slightly as he watched the boy bury his face into your thick chest fur. You looked up at Claude, eyeing him for his next movement.

The demon stood for a moment, contemplating the situation.

"Of course, highness." He finally said, walking over to you both. He seemed rather reluctant, but he continued on. "We're companions, we're not going anywhere."

Alois turned to look up at the demon with a small gasp of surprise. Claude crouched down beside you, and set a hand on Alois' shoulder. "Day and Night, sugar and salt, creature and corpse, defiled and immaculate."

"No!" Alois exclaimed, pressing his cheek into your chest. "I know that other man was right." He pressed is face deeper into your fluffy fur, and you felt the wet warmth of his tears. "I'm only a brat, foul and vulgar..."

You hugged him tighter, nuzzling his hair comfortingly, while Claude simply put his spectacles back on. "You are more than that." The spider assured. "You are our master."

"Oh be quiet." Alois chided somberly. "I know you both feel the same way."

"If that was the case, mistress would have torn you to shreds by now." Claude stated bluntly, placing a hand on your head, presumably for emphasis. As much as you wanted to smack the butler upside the face for the comment, you couldn't deny he was right.

But Alois wasn't convinced. He simply kept his face hidden in your chest fur.

"Look at me." Claude reached over to cup his face, looking the child in the eyes. "I'm still your loyal servant, and she's still your loyal pet."

You inwardly snorted. Pet..

"There's no need to convince us of your worth. Especially her."

You narrowed your eyes at the demon, but let him continue. "I grow hungrier each day," he assured. "You'll make one hell of a feast."

Alois stared for a moment, but he suddenly forced himself out of your grip and brushed Claude's hand away. "Just forget about it, Both of you." he rumbled curtly, rubbing away at his tears. "You can be swallowed by the darkness."

But... master...? "Mmrow?" You staggered to your paws as you watched the sullen blonde sulk to himself. After a minute or two, he spares you a look, wincing at the damage the Javanese had done. "My poor dear... Claude, dress (name)'s wounds and send her to my room immediately."

With that, he makes his way to his quarters, leaving you both alone in the foyer.

...so where did you manage to conjure such comforting words? "Mreaaaooorw?" You flatly asked, looking up at him.

The demon glared at you. "Just zip it and follow me, overgrown house cat."
~~~~~~~~~

Hey, real quick...

In the future could some of you stop asking me to update after each new page?

This is for every Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler book I update.

It kinda decreases my motivation to write more. I feel rushed.

I get it, you're excited, but try to be patient and to enjoy each page I do. Relax and take it slow.

I've stated this many times, but I'll to say it again.

Even if I fall out of a Fandom, I will not quit on books.

So don't worry, we good.

Just chill out.