Chapter 6

We continue walking as I was next to Ellie and she said " boy, I really feel for you. I do, I can't even imagine what'd it be like to be the last one of your species".

Manny- " I'm not the last one"

Ellie looks back at Manny and says " oh, you brave, brave soul. That's right, don't give up" she said as she then pets Manny face as she turns around and I giggle at the first thing she said and frown at the last thing I stop giggling and watch them. Then Manny and Ellie stop walking as I also stop walking as Manny sighs and then says " Ellie look at our footprints they're the same shape". He said as Ellie looks down at the footprint and I also look at them as Manny steps in Ellie footprint to show Ellie that she's a mammoth.

Then Ellie says with this beliefs " well, how do I know those aren't your footprints?". I sighed really Ellie,Manny stares at her and says " well, then...look at our shadows we match". Him and Ellie looks at their shadows as I also looked and Ellie says " you're right. They're the same", I smiled does she finally believe him? And Manny look at Ellie hopefully as we thought that she finally got that she's a mammoth too. Until she says " you must be part possum!" REALLY?! I can't believe that she said that..like why doesn't she get that she's a mammoth like him. I thought frowning Ellie said as she hits him in the shoulder with her trunk. Then she turns around and start walking as Manny looks down at me and I said " idk don't look at me". I follow after her as the possums follow behind me and I heard one of them say to Manny " you wish".

We then continue walking on top of ice above water as i walking in between Manny and Ellie. As Diego lags behind us then Manny turns around and yells " Diego, there are whole continents moving faster than you. Let's go! We got to catch up with the others". I look back at Diego a little worried I wonder what's wrong with Diego? I then look up at Manny " hey Manny I think something is wrong with Diego". He looks down at me " you think so?" " yes I do, he never acted like this before".

Manny- " okay but we still need to hurry so we don't drown".

Me- " yeah your right...I'll be right back" I then turn around and I run up to Diego and when I was close I turn around to walk next to him. " hey are you okay Diego?" He then looked at me.

Diego-" yeah...I'm fine"

I stare at him and I can tell something was wrong but he won't tell me. He might tell me when he's ready to tell me what's bothering him. I thought as I then it leave alone and I then see Crash and Eddie sliding around laughing. As they then start running around as Diego glares at them and I was laughing at them.

Diego- " hey, knock it off" he stop walking as he continue to glare at them. I stop next to him " Diego calm down their just having fun".

He looks at me and then back at the Crash and Eddie as one of them lean on Ellie leg as the other one slides pass. But the brother who was leaning against Ellie grabbed his brother tail and he comes back and says " she's right we're just having fun. Also cry me a river, blubber-tooth tiger, have some fun".

Diego starts walking again as I follow him as he says " can't you see the ice is thin enough without you two wearing it down?". I look down I hope that, that's not true then Sid says looking back at him " oh, Diego, come on. The ice may be thin but it's strong enough to hold a ten-ton mammoth and a nine-ton possum".

Me- " he's right Diego and your worrying a little to much" I said with a small smile.

He looks at me and then he looks at the ground " hmm..." we continue walking and after awhile I got a bad feeling. As I look around and when I looked up I saw Manny stopping a bit looking around too can Manny feel it too? Then I hear splashing and I can tell Manny heard it too. Then we hear to tell brothers laughing and we look at them as they slide a little and they start fighting each other. Maybe...I'm being a little too paranoid...it's probably nothing. Then something comes out of the ice in front of us what is that?! Then we all was pushed back as I then hear Sid yelling " mammal overboard!" I then look up and I see him flying in the air.

Me- " SID!!!"

I then see him fall in the water as I jumped in to save him. I have to save Sid...then he'll owe me later when we come out of this alive. After a few minutes I make it to Sid as I said " hang on!" He nods his head and he grab onto my shoulder as I swim over to Diego.

Sid- " Diego!"

We see him frozen on a slab of ice staring at the water. Was Sid right? Was Diego scared of the water? Was that why he was acting strange? Then we was closer to Diego " hey Diego I think it's about time you get out of your little world and help us!". I said as Sid looks behind us but I was to focus on swimming so we can get on the ice with Diego. Then Sid shrieks and I finally look behind me and my eyes open wide with terror that the fat thing was getting closer to us. We then make it and I let Sid climb up first as I look at it and I saw that it's not going to hold us three. So I swim to another slab of ice as Sid says to me " Mira where you going!".

Me- " that won't fit all of us so I'm going to another"

As I was doing that the thing start following me as I then hear Sid said " Mira! It's going after you!". I start to panic a little as I will myself to swim faster oh no..oh no....why is it following me! I then hear Sid saying " come on, Diego. Come on." I then felt the thing has gotten closer to me as I then make it to a slab and I hurried up, climbed on it just as it bump into the slab of the ice i was on. Oh thank goodness I got on just in time, I shake the water off my fur And then all of a sudden I look up and I see the fish thing start going after Sid and Diego.

Me- " SID!!! DIEGO!!! WATCH OUT!!"

Sid looks and it was coming for them as Sid tried to get Diego to move but it wasn't working. Please get out of there! Then Sid says as he grab Diego's tail " this may sting a little". He bites his tail and Diego roars as they start jumping ice to ice trying to get away and I also start jumping. Oh my I'm sooo glad that Sid did that, we make it to a main ice path and we start running.

Me- " I'm soo glad that you two are okay"

Diego nods as Sid says " yeah me too". We start panting has we stop and Sid falls on the ground. Wait...where's Manny?, I start looking around and I finally see him. Oh thank goodness he's okay, but that thought was short live as the skinny creature comes out of the water. And start snapping it's jaws at him and I see Manny was cornered.

Me- " MANNY!!"

It then jumped towards him as me and Manny closed our eyes. And I open my eyes as he does too and we see that it got stuck on his tusks. I breath a sigh of relief as I see him look back at Ellie, Crash and Eddie, he swings it away. I smiled as he start walking towards us and he then looks back at the sea creatures as they stared at him. Then they went back underwater and then Manny start walking towards us. We look at the water together and Sid says " what in the animal kinda was that?" Then I say " idk Sid...I think it must have been in the ice"

Sid- " what do you mean Mira?"

Me- " I mean that since the ice is melting that means that those things was in one of those ice".

Diego- " yeah...Mira your probably right but from now on, land, safe....water,not safe".

He said as we look at him and I say " yep" we walk back to Ellie and her brothers. Ellie says to Manny " that was the bravest thing I've ever seen". I smiled as I thought aww she's Complimenting Manny.

Manny- " it was nothing, really. I,uh.."

Ellie- " oh, it's not a compliment, to a possum, bravery is just dumb".

One of the possums says " yeah, we're spineless" then the other brother nods and says " Lily-livered". And here I thought she was complimenting Manny, I then giggle at the brothers then Ellie says " maybe mammoths are going extinct because they put themselves in danger too often". I shake my head sighing then Ellie says as he turns to look at Manny " maybe you should run away more". I look up at Manny as he says " good point. Thanks for the advice" then Ellie says " happy to help" she start walking away with her brothers.

Manny- " so you believe her? [high-pitched] ' bravery is just dumb maybe you should run away more' [ he stops] she's infuriating and stubborn, narrow-minded".

Sid looks up at Manny with a smile and says " ooh, you like her".I rolled my eyes as Manny glares at Sid and says " I do not" he said as he start walking away. Then Sid says with a smirk " oh, don't worry, your secret's safe with me".then I look at Sid and said " why did you say that to Manny he might not like her, you can't make him fall in love with her Sid. That's not how it works"