Chapter 8

( this chapter is a little longer)

We continue walking has I thought about stuff hand after walking for a while and it got darker. I see Sid have two rocks and he rub them together and I rolled my eyes. Then he hear the bushes rustling and then he tuned to look at it and after hearing nothing he put one of the rocks down. And he grabbed another one and when he rubbed them together their was a spark and then he heard rustling again, he turns around but didn't see anything. Then Diego and me walk pass him as he stared at us.

Sid- " boy, Manny sure took a big leap with Ellie today".

Diego lays down as he says " sure did" then I sit near Diego as I nod my head. As Sid says " yep he stood on the shore of uncertainty. And dove right in" he said as he slides on his stomach towards us and I rolled my eyes. Then he stands up and says " splash! Kind of brave, huh?" He said as he bump his shoulder to Diego. Then Sid says " the way he faced his...fear?".

Diego- " I wouldn't know" he said as he stands up as he then says " Sabers don't feel fear". I rolled my eyes " sorry Diego but every animal felt fear before...and stop trying to sound like you never felt fear before". Diego glares at me and says " look I'm not scared of ANYTHING!". You keep thinking that Diego, then Sid says " yeah Mira is right Diego. It's what separate us from, say, rocks. Rocks have no fear, and they sin" he said with a smile as he throws the rock in a puddle.

Diego- " what are you two getting at, Sid, Mira?"

Sid- " it may surprise you two to know that I, too. Have experience...fear"

Me- " oh wow I never notice...I can't believe that you felt fear before" I said with sarcasm.

Diego- " no. You?"

Sid- " oh, yeah, yes. As impossible as it seems, the sloth has natural enemies that would like to...harm or otherwise 'kill' us".

Diego looks at me and we share a look with boredom look on our faces as he says " I wonder why". Yeah me too, I thought with sarcasm and Sid says " oh, jealousy mostly. But the point is that fear is natural."

Then I thought that's true fear is natural and then Diego stands up and got close to Sid face and says while glaring at him" fear is for prey". Diego then turns around as Sid says " well, then you're letting the water make you it's prey". Then Sid jumps on a log and says " just jump in and trust your instincts" he said as he jumps into bushes. As he 'swims' as he then says " you know, most animals can swim as babies". He then dives in and comes back on another log he pokes his head out and then he disappears and comes back on his stomach crawling. Saying " and for a tiger, it's like crawling on your belly to stalk helpless prey". I rolled my eyes as Sid jumps off the log and as Diego turns his head around Sid was right their saying " but faster, okay?". Diego jumps a little and I giggled a little as we see Sid in vines how is it holding him? Then Sid says while kicking going around Diego " now,claw,kick, claw, kick. I'm stalking the prey" he says as he gets close to Diego face as I shake my head at Sid. And I can see that Diego is getting tired of it, then Sid says as he continues moving " claw, kick. Now I look back over my shoulder to see if I'm being followed, and I'm breathing...[ inhaling] and I'm stalking".

Me- " Sid I'll stop if I was you"

Sid- " why I'm teaching Diego how to swim"

Me- " I see that but * I then get closer to Sid and whispers* I'm saying this because your hurting his pride".

Sid- " but we're a herd...family we help each other with everything?" He whispers back.

Me- " yeah I know Sid but...you should take it easy on him". I whispered back as I thought I hope he understands what I'm saying, I thought as I stand back.