when i'm like this, you're the one i trust

SMUT WARNING

Technically, technically, it isn’t the entire park.

“Most of it, though.”

It is, however, most of it.

“Do we really need all this space?” Giyuu asks, sidestepping the barricade and its bright red sign warning against trespassing. He waits for Shinobu to join him before continuing up the main path.

“Not all of it,” Shinobu sighs. “Just enough to make sure we don’t traumatize some poor family who’s here to enjoy nature. But you know how Uzui is.”

“Go big or go home.”

“Exactly.”

Giyuu will admit it’s a nice park. The trees are well-kept, long branches swaying high above and casting dappled shadows down on the pavement and their clothes. The gravelly trail under their feet slopes gradually uphill, then levels off. He’s never been to this particular site before, but maybe he’ll consider returning at another time. When his purpose isn’t to film porn.

In accordance to Uzui’s directions, their route ends in a grassy plain, one that stretches on farther than Giyuu can see. Deeper into the field, in front of a traditional-looking rest area, is where they’re setting up. It’s still in the preliminary stage, only a fraction of the crew present, most of them stalling.

Shinazugawa stands in front of them, not more than ten paces away. He’s got his back to them, but Giyuu could pick out that wild head of white hair from a crowd of thousands.

It’s a pattern Giyuu’s noticed—he seems to keep to himself, away from the heart of any activity. The first time he saw him, Shinazugawa was also separated from everyone else, back to the wall, as far away from the center as he could get.

Giyuu immediately starts for the cluster of trailers parked in the lot to his right, one of which houses his private dressing room.

He doesn’t get very far. Shinbou’s hooked her finger on the sleeve of his shirt, reeling him back in.

“Oh no you don’t,” she says, then begins walking toward the main set.

Toward Shinazugawa.

“Let me go,” Giyuu protests uselessly.

“No.”

“You—”

“I believe you still owe me an introduction, Tomioka-san,” Shinobu says pleasantly, towing Giyuu along against his will. Eventually he gives up the struggle, resigned to his fate once Shinobu tosses him in front of Shinazugawa. “So, introduce me.”

At their very abrupt appearance, Shinazugawa starts a little, swearing under his breath.

“Hello,” Giyuu says, as he usually does, and motions to his meddling agent. “This is my agent. Kochou Shinobu.”

“Pleased to meet you, Shinazugawa-san,” Shinobu says, hands clasped in front of her. “Tomioka-san here has told me a lot about you.”

He has not.

Shinazugawa’s face twitches. “Really.”

“Oh, yes,” Shinobu insists. “Congratulations on your very successful film. We’re equally excited about this one. Aren’t we, Tomioka-san?”

“We are,” Giyuu says, monotone.

The corner of Shinobu’s mouth tugs upward, like she’s fighting back a laugh.

“Have you talked to Uzui yet?” she asks, now addressing Shinazugawa.

“Uh, no. Just got here.”