Hayley - A New kind of Danger

Rumors were growing rampant of the attack in our home the other night. For safety precaution, Hope slept with Klaus and me for the time being. It was highly uncomfortable being in the same room with him, he may be the father of our child, but his brother was the one I was in love with. Talk about familial ties.

It was a Wednesday morning today. I went to see Davina to ask her for some information regarding the incident, unbeknowest to anyone; I may be part of the Mikaelson family but trust was a privilege that wasn't privy to me. Even between themselves they have a hard time giving it, I thought counting the numerous times they have fought or tried to kill each other because of it.

"I'm sorry Hayley but the witch who caused that fire is still missing. I tried a locator spell but this one's sneaky, he or she is showing up in several places at once. I'm trying my best," Davina said.

"I know you are...it's just been awhile since something like this has happened. Thanks for doing this," I offered a smile. New Orleans had become a more peaceful city, believe it or not, the supernatural factions have quelled their differences and are for the most part, happy.

"Of course, when can I see my goddaughter anyway? I miss her already." It was a "strategic" decision, according to Klaus, to have Davina as a godmother. So was Marcel, Aiden, and Kami. To have one person from each kind; witch, vampire, werewolf, and human, binded to protect Hope. I didn't argue with him because I secretly knew that they were the people who he treated like family, even if he won't admit it.

"You can visit anytime. I think she misses her favorite witch." I walked around her room. She had started painting again, it was mostly still life now but I noticed one or two sheets with gray and dark hues. It was under a stack of books and I got curious.

"Just as long as Klaus is not there, I'll drop by. Don't worry about the fire, we're doing everything-"

Blood spurting out. Davina's horrified splattered face. A metallic and pungent smell, pitch black.

***

We need her alive...
Why? She's just the mother...
Patience. We need her...

Voices echoed in my ears. It was difficult to make out the words. I felt my head throbbed with pain. I tried to open my eyes, there was something wrong.

"Hayley's awake! Get in here!" Was that Kami?

I saw a blur of figures coming towards me. I was starting to make out who they were: Marcel and Klaus.

"What...how?" I croaked. They weren't speaking but looked at each other with grief. Their grim faces were prolonging the excruciating suspense.

"What the hell is going on?!" I forced all my energy to scream but shrieked in pain as I tried to get up. I looked down and realized why they couldn't talk.

I had a knife stuck in my chest. A black edged knife with a silver handle, there were initials inscribed but I was too distracted to make out the letters. I could feel the blade working its sharp edge through my veins, close to my heart but not quite. I held onto it to try and pull it out but Klaus stopped me.

"We tried already love, it's like Tunde's blade but you're conscious. We...take it out and you'll die," he seemed at a loss for words and that was the indication that this was a danger we haven't faced before.

I started to feel dizzy and felt the room spinning. My throat was closing in and I was suddenly coughing out blood. I wanted to scream out but couldn't find my voice.

Desparation. Panic.

Silence.