part 1

I wake up and look at the clock, 10.30 am, I decide it's best to get out of bed if I want to get something done today. 

It's the last day of summer break and school starts tomorrow. 

Luckily, I have my friend Amelia to help me get through senior year. 

Speaking of, I was supposed to meet her at her house today to go to the mall. 

I grab my phone and quickly check for any new messages.

Amelia: GET UP!!!

Amelia: we decided to go at 11.00 am, you still coming to pick me up?

Amelia: honey, I better hope you are already awake cuz I have my parents car and I am picking you up in 10 minutes. Be ready! Luvs x

I look at the time and it's already 10.40 am. 

She is coming in 10 minutes.

 I rush over to the bathroom and look at the mirror. 

I look okay for a person who has just woken up. 

I brush my fingers through my hair to make it look more presentable and I quickly wash my face. 

I head over to my closet and just pick out my favorite black yoga pants and pair it with a white cropped tee. 

I take one last look in the mirror and decide on some gold hoops as jewelry.

 On my way out, I grab my tote bag and a leather jacket for when it gets cold.

I put on my converse and shout into the kitchen: "Mom, I am going to the mall with Amelia, see you later!" 

Before closing the door and getting into Amelia's parents car. 

"Finally!" she says, "I've been standing here for at least 5 minutes!" and quickly pulls me in for a hug. 

I hug her back and say: "You are such a drama queen!", she laughs and starts the engine.

The ride to the mall is only five minutes so we hop out the car and search for nice shops. 

"Over there", Amelia shouts. 

I look and notice a new shop called 'Rosie's'. 

We walk in and I am amazed by all the amazing clothes on the racks. 

Amelia and I stroll around the store picking up clothes we like and just chatting about our summer break. 

When we get to the fitting rooms, she says: "You know, I heard from Elijah that there are 2 new boys attending our school". 

Elijah is our other friend. We are not that close with him, mainly because he is literally a part of every friendgroup to exist at our school but he is still fun to hang out with. 

I ask her if she doesn't think that its weird to transfer in senior year but she is already to busy checking to see if any of the fitting rooms have opened up. 

About 15 minutes later, we both have two new outfits for senior year and we are already back in the car heading home. 

I asked her if she wanted to come in and watch a movie but she says she is going to have a self care evening to look perfect tomorrow. 

We quickly decide that tomorrow I will pick her up at 8.00 and we hug our goodbyes. 

I walk into the house and notice mom sitting in a chair reading a magazine.

I sit next to her and she asks me how my trip to the mall was. 

"It was fine, just happy to have Amelia by my side", I say.