01 Between The Woods

Liliana

I was walking along the long trail, surrounded by the trees. It always helps me calm down my thoughts so I’d take a walk here almost everyday whenever I had time, not alone but with the guard. But today it’s a bit different from every other day. 

I wasn't usually allowed to go out at this time but I desperately wanted to get out of there so that’s why I’m here now.

It pains me to know that this is how I have been bound into this facade of my parents for which I’m not even sure that they are my parents. Witnessing all those in front of my eyes , it's too much to take in. They were fighting over me, they thought of me as a burden for them. They wanted to get rid of me by sending me to work somewhere far away. To the palace.

Once we enter the palace, it’s really hard to get out. No one has ever come out from there ever since they walked in. 

It was hard. Hearing them, being desperate to chuck me out.

Lost in thoughts I walked wherever my footsteps took me, not minding that I was bare footed.  

“Ow ow ow” I looked down to see that I’ve accidentally cut my foot by stamping on a broken glass and it’s bleeding now.

Shit. 

Thinking that I was really lost in thoughts, I turned around to see the place much clearer. It was dark and that made me a bit scared. The only sound that could be heard was from the crickets around the bushes and trees. The moon was so beautiful gleaming in the night sky. I’d love to look at that a bit longer but with my feet stinging like hell I have to find a place to rest on. As I turned around looking back, I found myself lost in the middle of the forest.

I have come really far.

"Where in the world am I?" I sighed frustrated. 

There’s no more I know about what’s really happening here outside most of the time. I hardly come out. They hardly let me out. My parents never allowed me to go out that easily. 

I'm really lost in the middle of the forest now. It was so late, it was so dark too. Looking around I wondered who will ever be up now to help me get back to home.

Looking further to my right, I spotted a small pond. I decided to sit there and wash my feet.

Worried it might be too cold I let my feet sink into the water, it felt good.

"I have to get the glass out, why does it have to happen to me now?" 

Mumbling to myself I pulled out the glass, now it's more painful. Great.

"Arghh" I cried out in frustration. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps approaching me. Turning to the direction of the sound I saw two silhouettes of men. 

"Hey, you okay?" One of the men said as he came into view. It was hard to adjust my vision to see in the moonlight . My breath hitched, as soon as I saw him. He was flawless, even in the dim light I could assure that. 

His white frosty hair made him look like a runaway model. The way his eyebrows knitted together as if he knew me for so long to be so concerned for. He seemed genuinely concerned. 

The other man had the glass in his hand seeming as if they knew I were here because of that. He was blond, his face was the most elegant thing I could have ever seen. It radiated calmness. 

They were breathtaking.

He cleared his throat which made me realise that I was drowning in their looks for so long that I hadn't answered their question yet.