Chapter 1

As Ethan walked into the college he looked at everyone and everything. "woah! this is so amazing." he thought to himself. He decided to sit down on a bench in a cramped hall filled with people, staring into space. (but not outer space)

"Uhhh...heyyyyy? You alive there?" said a woman who looked about his age.

"huh? OHH yeah." said Ethan, startled by the woman. "Wh-who are you?"

"I'm Kayla. Wanna be friends? I'm pretty sure your here to train for outer space...riiiighhht?" she said.

"Surrrrreeee we can be friends. I'm Ethan." Ethan said as the woman sat down next to him on the floor beside the bench. "Ya wanna swap seats? I'll sit on the floor."

"Nah. You can stay there." said Kayla. "I find floors very comfortable." she said with a chuckle.

The bell rang and they both walked into class. The whole class, Ethan and Kayla kept laughing at each other and making funny faces. When the class was over, they both barely understood anything that they had "learned".

As they both went to the cafeteria, they told jokes and laughed. They both sat down at the last empty table and a few minutes later, a man came by them.

"Hey..uh can I sit here?" the man asked. "Sure! The spots free." said Ethan. "Yeah!" said Kayla."Thanks!" said the man."Lets be friends?" added Kayla. "Uh sure!" replied the man. "The names Jack."
"Cool!" said Ethan.

As the day came to an end, the three friends all got each other's phone number and started talking to each other for hours each weekend and every time they went to college. They all had the same sense of humor. Every break they had, they would all spend nights at each other's apartment.

But that all changed when Kayla and Ethan got a text from Jack. He had a very bad sickness and was in the hospital. He had said that the doctors still have no idea what he has, but it was bad. Ethan and Kayla often came to visit Jack and brought him cool things like rocks and food. Those were his favorite things.
They both prayed that Jack would survive. But eventually, things got worse. Jack got even sicker than he was before...