Epilogue

It's this state, in this state I'm living in
It's just a little bit
It's just a little bit lonely in this home its always
Colder
- December, Ricky Montgomery

𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 seemed to feel longer now that time had passed. Everything by felt good, and calm in Narnia, and the world was at peace. Ever since the Pevensie's became the rulers, only great things had come to them.

On this day, there was not a cloud in the sky. Autumn leaves dangled from the trees, barely hanging on, but managing to until a cool breeze came it's way. The shades of orange and brown contrasted with the blue sky, but resonated with the floor as it was a bed of fallen soldiers.

A white stag trampled through these leaves, scared for his life. There was a reason for this, and that was the five figures chasing after them. On horseback, four strong royals, crowns and all, cheering as they chased the creature. However, leading them with agility, was a jet coloured panther. It's slick features and ice-like eyes were enough to move planets. That was only one reason why it was first.

The sun was casting a sort of golden halo around the figures as it began to set in the sky. They had gotten used to it by now, but sometimes, seeing the beauty it possessed, was a shock.

As the stag continued to run, the royals followed, until one horse began to slow. One of the royals, with raven-like hair, took extra care with their creature, and asked what was wrong. However, the time caring lasted minimally.

Swiftly, two women wearing ornate leaf and flower crowns joined by a golden haired male pranced on their horses around the foliage.

"Come on, Ed!" The eldest woman, Susan, teased her younger brother.

The black haired male rolled his eyes a little. "Just catching my breath." He excused.

As they conversed, the panther stalked around the corner, head hanging lowly. Susan, noticing this, said. "Well, that's all we'll catch at this rate."

Lucy, the youngest of the royals, chuckled. "What did he say again?"

At this, the panther began to rise on its hind legs. As it did, the violent sounds of cracking and crushing bones echoed the forest. Fur disappeared, and skin rose in its place, littered with deep, white scars. The snout which was long, and thin quickly shrank backwards, becoming human again. When ears appeared as round as most humans possessed, the last thing to transform were the eyes. From that icy blue into a muddy brown.

Dressed in loose clothes, leaves strewn through his blonde hair, and a deep scar circling his left eye- James chuckled like his sisters as he re-phrases Edmund's previous words.

"You girls wait in the castle, I'll get the stag myself."

There was a string of laughs, and a typical eye roll from Edmund, before Lucy dropped from her saddle. "You've got leaves in your hair."

She began to pick them out, and smiled as she did so. "Don't worry, Lou." James had told her. "We can fix it later."

Suddenly, Peter too dismounted his horse, but did not approach his siblings. Instead, a mysterious object had caught his eye, and he wanted to know more. A lamppost, from the days of yore. It was black, though covered by climbing vines and dead plants.

"What's this?" He questioned as his siblings edged closer. "It seems familiar."

Softly, Susan whispered. "As if from a dream."
Echoing her words, James expressed. "Or a dream of a dream."

The silence was peaceful until a large intake of breath cut like a knife. Lucy gasped. "Spare Oom!"

Like a stallion, the youngest Queen ran through the foliage. This wasn't atypical in any way for the woman, but it was a handful for siblings.

"Lucy!" Peter called after her, jogging towards the exit she made.

"Not again." Susan sighed, following suite.

Edmund and James followed soon after in the bushes. In fact, the latter ended up first in the chase, not wanting his sister to be harmed.

"Lou?" James had called, loudly.

As if she were a child again, Lucy cheered for them. "Come on!"

It seemed to continue for a while, the chase, not that James was complaining. It was sort of thrilling, if he was honest. Pushing branches out of his face was the least of his worries- first was tripping.

Peter soon began to complain from someone here behind James. "These aren't branches!"

"They're coats!" Susan contributed, clearly confused.

Soon, Edmund joined the fussing of the Pevensie's. "Susan, you're on my foot!"

This seemed to trigger something inside of James' head. Something from long ago. A memory from the darkest caverns of his mind. He whispered. "How could we forget?"

The golden light seemed to disappear as the siblings were crushed together in what felt like a cupboard. Their groans of discomfort were unbearable.

"Peter move off!"

"Shop shoving!"

"That's my back!"

"I'm not on you!"

"Jesus Christ!"

"James!"

"Ow!" James collided with a wooden floor, groaning as the wind was knocked from his lungs.

Light met his eyes, but it wasn't golden and beautiful. It was cold, and bleak. It was the English light.

Not a second had passed. How could that be? They'd been in Narnia for years. How were they supposed to go back to living this way?

James looked to his brothers and sisters, checking they were alright. When he was sure that they were, he noticed the doorknob rattling. It really had only been seconds for this world.

When the large door swung open, the white haired Professor walked in, dark cricket ball in hand. He was confused as to why the Pevensie's were sprawled across the hardwood floor, but didn't question it. Instead, he said something else. To him, it was more valuable information.

"Oh, there you are." He had spoken with the shaky voice that most old men have. "What were you all doing in the wardrobe?"

With a look to his left, and seeing the encouraging eyes of James, Peter sighed. "You wouldn't believe us if we told you, sir."

A playful smirk emerged onto the professors face as he threw the cricket ball towards the younger blonde boy. He caught it, thankfully, before the white haired man said.

"Try me."

•  -  -  •
1100
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I don't own anything to do with Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I'm just a fan of C.S.Lewis' books and the films.
The only thing I do own is the character of James Pevensie and his story line.