8 - our house

I opened my eyes and there it was.

-

I covered my mouth immediately from the beauty. A big grey house with white trim. A patio with a hanging swing to the left and the double garage door to the right.

I looked at Clay not even realizing my eyes started watering.

"So do you like it?"

"Clay...I love it."

He came over to me put his arm around my waist kissing me on the cheek.

"I am so glad."

He leaned his head on top of mine and we stood there for a moment to take in the beauty that was our new house.

Clay broke the silence, "You want to know the best part."

I raised my eyebrow, "What."

"Hi neighbor!" A voice said on the lawn of the next house over.

"OH MY GOD," I said facing Olivana who was standing 50 feet away from me.

She ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug.

"Clay let us know his plans about the house and I just fell in love with the house next door to it. It was a lot but I finally convinced Kaleb to move and our stuff should be arriving tomorrow."

I squealed in excitement and we all hugged as a group.

"And this is why I married you. Perfect husband."

"Noooo perfect wife."

We all laughed and eventually said our goodbyes.

Clay pulled the car in and we walked inside.

He helped me fit my wedding dress through the narrow garage door that opened straight to a long hallway to the left.

I walked in and the house was beautiful. If you entered from the front door the office was to the left and the dining room was to the right. If you walked forward you would be standing in the middle of a long hallway that had huge staircases at each end that went up stairs. If you kept going forward the living room was to the left and the kitchen was to the right.

Clay showed me upstairs and it had three rooms and a Jack and Jill bathroom that he wanted for the kids. Our bedroom was beauty and we had an extra bathroom upstairs.

He took me all the way downstairs to the basement and in front of me was the couch and to the right was the tv. He even built a cute little hidy hole for the kids to make forts in under the stairs. We walked into the next room which was a game room and it had a mini bar. I walked out of the room to the furthest room from the stairs and it was the guest bedroom. It was beautiful. The next room over closest to the stairs was unfinished but Clay wanted to make it into the playroom for our kids. It even had a bookshelf that was secretly a doorway. I thought it was so cool.

The house was everything I imagined and more. This man did it all for me. There was a reason why I fell in love with him.

We went upstairs and I changed into my white silk pajama set from earlier today and hopped in bed with Clay. We didn't even end up making love that night. We just laid in bed. The two of us together in our brand new home. We fell asleep next to one another and I couldn't have asked for it any other way.

His arms wrapped around me in a big hug. He nuzzled his head in my neck and I could feel his light breathing on my neck.

My life was perfect. I was officially Alyssa Anderson.

My last name was the same as the person I love the most. I couldn't be happier.

I shut my eyes and our room was only lit from the light from the full moon.