Nightmare (Papa III)

Papa was spending the night at your house. He slept in the guest bedroom while you were in your room. You were fast asleep when all of a sudden you had a nightmare which caused you to jolt from your dream. 

    "No!!!" you felt your heart pounding in your chest, trying to calm your breathing down. You couldn't tell if the nightmare was real, or it was just a dream because it seemed so realistic. You swung your legs over the bed and let your feet touch the cold hardwood floor, placing your head in your hands with a sigh. "Damn it." you muttered. 

    You looked over at the clock which read 12:30 a.m. It was very early in the morning. You put on a pair of slippers, followed by a robe and quietly snuck into the guest bedroom. You enter, the door creaking slightly as you close it. Papa was fast asleep in the king size bed; you took note of his sleeping form. He seemed so peaceful that you almost felt guilty for doing this. You walked over to his side of the bed and gently shook him. "Papa?" you said in a low voice. "Papa?" he groaned a bit before waking up. "I'm sorry to wake you." you said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. 

    "Y/N?" he said. "What's wrong? Is everything ok?" you shook your head. "I had a nightmare, and I'm having a hard time going back to sleep." you explained. Feeling the tears roll down your cheek and onto his shirt. "What happened in your dream?" he asked, lifting up the covers for you so you could join him. "I dreamt that... that clergy separated me from you. Then killed you just like..." you began to sob. 

    "Oh, come here now, you're ok." he pulled you to him, wrapping his strong and protective arms around you. He held you as you cried into his shoulder. "I just don't want to lose you; I won't let the clergy kill you, because they have done it before." 

   "Y/N." he said. "Look at me." he wiped away your tears with his thumb. "Listen to me, I know what the clergy has done in the past, I know it well enough. Do not look to the past, you will not find me there, I am here now. I promise that everything is going to be alright." His words were very comforting towards you, and you instantly felt better. 

   "Would you like to stay here with me?" he asked. you nodded. "Come here." He lied back down and pulled you close to him. The weight of your head on his chest, and arms gently wrapped around one another. "Sleep well Y/N." he kissed the crown of your head before nuzzling his nose into your hair. Moments later you both fell asleep peacefully.