𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚: 𝘿𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣 𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙮

London was busy—but Wizarding London was even worse. While the no-magics sometimes stared and looked at his scar, they were not like the wizards and witches of the magical world.

They bowed and shook Harry's hand, claiming it was a joy to meet "The Boy Who Lived" and were offering him discounts and offers to their shops if he ever needed something. Children pointed and shoved when they saw him walking with his aunt and cousin, whispering and shouting his name.

"Harry Potter?"

"That's the Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter, look at his scar!!"

Harry Potter this, Harry Potter that. Fingers were pointed in his direction and he was glaring at every one of them. He wished he could've taken Kitty and maybe let him have a fingery snack or two.

All while this was going on, his aunt greeted each wizard with kindness and a polite smile. Something, unlike his mother. His mother would've glared and spat in their faces while holding an aura of sophistication and superiority over them. His father would've stood in front of him, glaring at the wizard folk, calling them names in Italian.

"Harry, darling, this way," Aunt Ophelia held Harry's pale hand in her tanned one, leading him through the pub he rathered liked (the dark and damp aesthetic of the pub spoke to him and reminded him of home) out the back where a large and tall brick wall stood. Harry gave his aunt a curious look.

"Dearest Aunt, I don't mean to be rude, but why are we here?" Ophelia giggled behind her hand and shook her head. "Watch my dear," She whipped her wand and tapped the tip to certain bricks. Harry's green eyes widened in shock as the wall shifted and opened, revealing a long cobblestone alley, with shops lining both sides of the streets.

"Welcome to Diagon Alley, Harry dear," Ophelia smirked at her nephew and he smirked back at her, pleased to see this magic. The three family members walked down the cobblestone pathway, as Ophelia led them to a tall marbled building.

"Gringotts, the wizarding bank," whispered Beatrice. Her eyes held a mischievous glint as she studied Harry's reaction to the building.

Aunt Ophelia stopped, turned her head, and smirked at Harry. Her eyes held a glint of excitement and Harry narrowed his eyes.

"Nephew, Bea darling, why don't you two go wait for me in Flourish and Blotts? That way we can get your books first and get that out of the way dear. Oh, and you're welcome to look around, and if you see anything you'd like let me know. I do love to spoil my family." She smiled at Beatrice and Harry before she disappeared into the marble building.

"Come, Harry, I'll show you the way. Do you like to read?" Beatrice slipped her hand into Harry's cold porcelain one, tugging him towards the direction of what he'd assumed was the store his aunt talked about. Grimacing at the touch of his cousin, he recoiled away from her and dusted his hand on his trousers.

"Yes, I do. Though I'd hardly think this bookstore will have the certain titles I particularly enjoy." He frowned, shaking his head. When he did read, he read books about war, certain weapons of different time periods, and medieval torture devices. Sometimes he picked up a fiction title at the local library here and there, but he never enjoyed all the happiness and love that oozed off the pages.

"Oh, that's sad. But let's hope they will, shall we?" Beatrice gave him a smile and together they weaved through the crowd. The cousins ignored the gasps and whispers that followed young Harry. Witches and Wizards spoke behind their hands, leaning into each other, trying to point out or make out his scar. It sent Harry on edge. He wished to scoop out their eyeballs and feed them to a dragon, yet his mother's voice echoed in his head.