𝑩 𝑳 𝑨 𝑪 𝑲 𝑾 𝑰 𝑫 𝑶 𝑾

──  ❝ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬」

❝ ブラックウィドウ;
.BLACK WIDOW ❞

THERE'S SOMETHING ODD about sitting in the middle of a public cafe with the King- no Taehyung. For a brief moment, he has taken off his invisible crown and left it at home. For now, he is just a man having breakfast with a temporary lover.

For once, he isn't roaming the streets of Korea with a suit adorning his body. For once, he seemed like your normal, everyday man. A brown turtleneck shirt was worn beneath a white button-up shirt, tucked into slacks colored the same shade of coffee brown.

He held an expresso in his hand, his finger wrapped around the small handle of the white, glass mug which he occasionally lifts to kiss the rim and take a sip.

They had taken a seat beside the window. The early morning light finds a crack between the towering buildings of the city, strategically shining upon the slender, elegant features. His hair shines like crisp rays of gold, carefully pushed back behind his ears and out of his face. The sun grazed her delicate fingers upon his skin, a gentle kiss that gives color to his face. His eyes, ones like black diamonds, are now the color of thick honey, of a glass of unfinished whiskey sitting on the counter of a quiet bare as the sun begins to set into the horizon.

Karma doesn't know how to feel. She was supposed to relax, but she couldn't. Maybe it was a defense mechanism, never to let her guard down with anyone, no matter how inconsequential or well-meaning they seem.

She knew better than to let her guard down around Taehyung of all people.

"At this rate, your coffee will go cold, sweetheart." Taehyung hums against the rim of his mug, eyeing the untouched latte sitting in front of her. The white cream was in the shape of a swan, Karma was hesitant to ruin such beautiful and meticulous art.

He set his cup down on the table with a careful drag of his tongue over his lips to get the excess coffee. It was a reminder of the morning they had together in the shower. His finger traces the rim of his glass, circling around and around in a mindless action, his eyes are trained on the beautiful woman who sits across from him.

The sun, in her infinite generosity and kindness, shines upon Karma's face as well. Her dark skin was something beyond beauty, beyond anything he's ever seen before. She had the face, the graciousness, the elegance of a regal goddess. She had the wrath of one as well.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He cocks a dark brow at her in question. Karma had been uncharacteristically silent. He could see behind her fox-like eyes that she was thinking far too hard about something.

The woman sighed. She wasn't about to sit here and spill all her fears and worries to him. She especially wouldn't mention Yoongi, who hadn't called or texted her in weeks, nearly a month now. She wouldn't tell him she was worried about him, her best friend, her lover.