𝑴 𝑬 𝑵 𝑫 𝑻 𝑯 𝑬 𝑾 𝑶 𝑼 𝑵 𝑫

──  ❝ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹」

❝ 傷を直す;
.MEND THE WOUND ❞

THERE WAS SOMETHING so startling about waking up with a ghost lying beside you. To open your eyes and laying beside you is the very person you dreamed about every night was a surreal experience. For a moment, Yoongi believed he was still on one of his trips, simply hallucinating the ethereal apparition of his lover in bed with him.

Hesitantly, Yoongi reached out and touched her, pushing the loose strands of hair that had fallen out of her bun out of her face and behind her ear. She was here. Really here, sleeping soundly in bed with him. Yet, tracks of dried tears stained her cheeks. Her eyes were puffy and irritated, undoubtedly from crying. The moment Yoongi told her about everything that happened between him and Taehyung, their friendship, his betrayal, Karma demanded that she leave to confront Taehyung.

So that's exactly what she did.

And at 4:03 in the morning, Karma returned, wiping her cheeks of the tears that uncontrollably fell from her eyes. Silently, she climbed into bed and pressed her face into Yoongi's chest with her hands grasping his shirt, twisting and wrinkling the grey fabric in her hold. He didn't say anything or ask her about what happened. He simply wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head.

It was better that she knew before she allowed herself to fall for his charmingly deceptive ways. He was the snake in their garden and Yoongi had to kill it before it tempted her into taking a bite out of the forbidden fruit. He was simply trying to protect her from meeting the same fate as him at the hands of the person they trusted most.

Yoongi leaned forward and pressed his lips to her forehead. His warmth was returned to him after so many long, cold nights. He thought about remaining in bed with her until she awoke, so he could sit and simply revel in her unmatched beauty, even crying. Taehyung doesn't deserve her tears. Yoongi himself doesn't deserve her tears. They weren't worthy.

But Yoongi was getting antsy. It's been 10 hours since he had his last hit. He didn't want to do that while Karma was here, just when she came back to disappoint her all over again. She was asleep now. He could take some and make breakfast for her, maybe even finish cleaning up. Yoongi became highly productive when he was high, though results varied from time to time. Once, he cleaned the entire house spotless and made dinner, and yet he was still going. Karma would be happy...if she didn't know why he was being so hyperactive and productive.

It wasn't the real Yoongi. While he was sweet, willing to do things for Karma that she couldn't herself, and was good at sleight of hand and pickpocketing. But he was also a rather sleepy, lethargic person. He didn't like doing things if he didn't have to. So doing so much in such little time was unlike him.

Yoongi slipped out of bed, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty as he did so. He adjusted the blankets so they covered her fully. With a fond smile which slowly wasted away into a somber one. He was trying to get better, slowly weaning himself off of it. Or at least, that's what he was telling himself.