First Day Back

Mirabel could not find the present she had made for her Tio Bruno anywhere, and it's not like she can ask her family or else they would get mad at her for bringing him up.

She resigned herself to just leaving it to be lost, she wasn't happy about it though. She had planned to have Fuego deliver it too her Tio once she found something that would have his scent on it so she could track it and give it too him, wherever he was.

Anyway she left with Ms M again once the holidays were over, she was super worried about being behind since all the adults in the Casita wouldn't let her do any magic at all.

She gave her family a tearful goodbye before leaving. Ms M left her to get unpacked, but not before Mirabel gave her a gift, it was a near perfect embroidered art piece of Ms M's cat form in her signature hat. It was embroidered on a metal broach since Mirabel hadn't been sure what else Ms M would like. The teacher however smiles at her and pets her curly her before sending the first year off. As Mirabel walked down the hall she thought she heard someone behind her, but when she looked she could only see the painting on the wall rustling in the wind.

Shrugging it off Casita helped her down the stairs with her heavy trunks and she said goodbye to the family before leaving to Hogwarts again. When she arrived back in her dorm all the girls stopped what they were doing and stared at her. Mirabel ducks her head down and got to her bunk unpacking her stuff.

"Mira," Hermione said coming up from behind with a wide grin. "How did you like my gift?" She asks. "Your present was amazing Hermione, you sent us so many me and my family made a game of who could catch the frog first. I got your gift here," Mirabel explains happily and turns around opening her trunks and took out a book bag with Hermione's full name embroidered on it along with books and her wand making a charm.

"That's beautiful I love it!" Hermione said taking it gratefully.

Mirabel smiles in relief that at least Mirabel was treating her normal. For the first day back only Harry, Ron, Fred, George, and Hermione would talk to her. No one asked her to do designs on their robes, no one stopped to say hi to her, even the teachers had a air of caution around her.

The only teacher that didn't treat her any different was Proffesor Snape who if anything acted like nothing had happened. Even if Snape was a bad teacher, at least she wasn't treating her differently just because of something like that. What hurt most though was that Neville didn't talk to her anymore.

When she tried talking to him he would go as still as a statue in fear, like she was holding a dagger to his throat. It hurt a lot because Neville was one of her first friends here and didn't make her feel so bad at not knowing how to do magic.

At least she was still allowed to do quidditch, Mirabel tried to work harder than ever at it, but everyone made it too easy for her. When practicing no one dared go near her and after practice she over heard Oliver saying to Angelina. "Everyone's too bloody scared to go near her! We got the cup in the bag!" Mirabel couldn't help, but tearing up hearing that. Didn't anything from the first game prove herself?

She didn't feel like being around people after that, she snuck into the secret passage way in the girls bathroom and spent the rest of the evening in there, even missing the welcome back banquet. She just really couldn't face all that staring right now. She went through a few passages, before she ended up in the library.

She spent the rest of the evening in the library reading until she fell asleep at the desk. She lost house points in the morning when the librarian found her the next day waking her up, apparently Ms M had panicked when Mirabel wasn't in the dorm room.

All in all it was a terrible day back.