I'm missing the point here

Josie POV

"Josie" Lizzie groans. I furrow my eye brows, then say "What? It's not like I planned it. I wasn't a willing participant, Lizzie".

Lizzie: "When did it even happen?"

Josie: "When you went to the bathroom"

Lizzie: "So, it wasn't...you know, enjoyable ?"

Josie: "No, Lizzie, it wasn't"

Lizzie hums in response. I sigh before saying "I mean, I get why she's mad, in all honesty, I would be too, but I had no control over the situation. And I would never hit her, or anyone for that matter". Lizzie nods, listening to what I'm saying. I let out a frustrated sigh, and run my hand through my hair. I'm not one for having problems and being able to talk it through with the person, but not doing it. I really don't wanna see Finch, but if I'm able to fix the problem, I'm going to. "I need to talk to her" I tell Lizzie. She gives another nod, understanding. "Ok, but you're not going alone" she tells me. I give her a weak smile. We decided we'd go later, just because I kinda need to prepare myself. "I haven't eaten yet. Do you wanna go get food?" I ask her. She agrees, and we go get food.

Hope POV

Hope: "You know I hate you, right?"

Maya: "Oh, hunny. You love me"

She smiles at me, which causes me to laugh. I'm only laughing because I'm high, though. We're in the VIP section of the club Ethan, Maya's brother, owns. There's a few dancers on the little stage back here, but it's this one girl who catches my eye. She's been seductively staring at me since I've got here, and she'll occasionally come closer to me. She makes eye contact with me while dancing, and even rubs up on me a bit. Not to mention, she's hot.

Maya isn't much of a smoker, so she's drinking some hard liquor. I mean, she'll smoke with me, but not by herself. I look at her, and she's watching one of the dancers. I'm getting pretty bored here, but I don't say anything because I want Maya to have a good time. The dancer comes back over to me, and starts giving me a lap dance. I sit back in my seat, enjoying it. The girl stops, and leans close to my ear. "Wanna get out of here?" she asks, seductively. I look at Maya, making sure she's ok with it. I wouldn't wanna leave her here alone. She nods with a smirk. I smile at the girl, then say "Why not?". "Your place or mine?" she asks once we get to my car. "Uh, yours" I tell her. She gives me her address. It's about 20 minutes away from the club. When we get there. we go to her room, and do certain...things.

~Time Skip~

When we're done, I carefully pull out, and slip the condom off. I throw it in the trash, then put my clothes back on. "Leaving already?" she asks me. "Yea, I gotta make sure my friend got home safely" I tell her. "Ok, well...can I get your number?" she asks. I rub the back of my neck, then say "Look, you're cool and all, but...I don't usually, you know...do that". She chuckles.

Girl: "It's fine, I get it. Have a good night"

Hope: "You too...?"

Girl: "Jules. It's Jules"

Hope: "Have a good night, Jules"

She smiles at me, in which I return the gesture, then walk out. I didn't expect her to be so understanding, but I'm glad she was.

Josie POV

We pull into the drive way of my house. It's been a few hours since we went out to eat, and the food kinda calmed my nerves. I take a deep breath before getting out of the car, with Lizzie following behind me. I grab my keys out of my pocket, and unlock the door. I look at Lizzie, and she gives me a smile that says "you can do this". I take another deep breath, then actually walk in. There was no sigh of her downstairs, so Lizzie and I walk upstairs. I slowly twist the door nob, a push open the door to my room. There I see Finch sitting on my bed, reading a book from my library. As soon as she sees me, her eyes widen and she hops off the bed. She tries to get close to me, but Lizzie steps in front of me and puts her hand out, stopping her. Finch looks at me, confused. "I'd prefer you stayed back" I tell her.

Finch: "I-I was worried about you. You didn't answer any of my calls or messages, I thought something happened to you"

Josie: "I guess my phone died"

Finch: "Oh. Um, about yesterday...I didn't mean to hit you"

Lizzie: "How do you accidentally hit someone?"

Finch: "I mean I didn't mean to snap like that"

Lizzie: "So, you meant to hit her?"

Finch: "What? N-no, I-"

Josie: "I don't need an explanation or an excuse"

Finch: "I'm not trying to make an excuse, or justify my actions"

Josie: "Then what are you trying to do? Because I feel like I'm missing the point here"

Finch: "I'm trying to apologize, Josie"

Josie: "Funny, I haven't heard an apology come out of your mouth yet. When you apologize, you say "I'm sorry". "I didn't mean to hit you" Isn't an apology, and it tells me that you don't even mean it. You own your mistake, realize what you did was wrong, then IF you feel bad, you apologize. You don't just skip to the last part"

Finch: "But I do feel bad, and I am sorry"

Josie: "No, you're not. There's a difference between being sorry, and having a guilty conscience"

Finch: "Look, whether you believe it or not, I'm sorry. Can we just put all of this behind us?"

Josie: "Put this behind us? How do you put something this big behind you, and just move on?"

Finch: "Come on, Josie. You have to put yourself in my shoes. Be honest, if your girlfriend tells you that they kissed their ex, wouldn't you be mad?"

Josie: "Of course I would, but that's not what happened. I told you, she kissed me, and I immediately pushed her away. Even if I had kissed her, that's not a reason to put your hands on me"

Finch: "..."

Josie: "I'm sorry, Finch, but I don't think I can be in a relationship with someone who would do that to me when they get angry. I can't tiptoe around you, being careful not to make you mad in fear of getting hit. I'm not willing to do that, so...we're done"

Finch: "No, Josie, please. I...I love you"

I shake my head, a few tears falling down my face. "You don't" I say, voice cracking. She comes closer, but again Lizzie stops her. "I do. I swear, I do. Just...please don't leave me" she pleads. "I don't have any other choice. Please leave" I tell her. She opens her mouth to say something, but I cut her off by saying "Finch, please". "Just go" I whisper. She stares at me for a while before letting out a dry chuckle.

Finch: "You know, I was hoping you were willing to work through this, and not let it come between our relationship. I guess I was wrong. Have fun doing everything on your own"

She pushes past both me and Lizzie. 30 seconds later we hear the front door slam shut. "Just a little dramatic, don't you think?" Lizzie asks. I wipe the tears off my face, then walk away from her. So over this entire day.

Here it is, just like I promised. let me know if you guys want me to write the flashback of when Flinch slapped Jo. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night