The Pain Of Remembering

2015- The Hudson Residence.

I pop my lips and press the power button on the garden soundbar, the radio begins playing loudly.

'Lady - Hear Me Tonight'

A smile stretches onto my face, I chuckle.

"Hoho! A classic. Nice." I grab all of the equipment from the shed.

I begin walking over to the flower patch, singing and bobbing my head.

"Lady.. hear me tonight.. 'cause my feeling.."

"Is just so right.."

"As we dance.."

"By the moonlight.."

"Nah-nah-nah-nah. Nah-nah-nah-nah." I perform a little dance as I trot across the yard.

"And I know that it's true I can tell by the look in your eyyyyyyyyye-"

"NICE MOVES!"

I snap my head to the conservatory door. There she stood, laughing at me. I instantly feel a sense of dread fall around me.

"P-PETRA?!" I drop the gardening equipment.

"What the hell are you doing up?! It's eight in the morning!" I yell at her. She hops down the porch and makes her way towards me, hands in her pockets.

"Well, if I wasn't already awake.." She looks back to the source of the music.

"I definitely would be.."

I sigh, clapping my arms at my sides. "..Right."

"So. You wanna help me, or you just gonna laugh at me?" I lean down and grab the equipment again.

She raises her brow at me, looking at the many tools in my hand.

"Help you? With what..?"

I hum and point to our garden. Avery had recently bought some trees and flowers that she wanted planting, so.. I was gonna plant em. LISTEN I LIKE GARDENING, OKAY?!

"Gonna plant some stuff, might take a while. So an extra hand would be nice." I smirk.

"Y'know, considering your limitless strength and active capabilities.. you'd actually make a pretty good hand." I pat her head jokingly. She brushes it off.

"Har har. So.. what are you planting?"

I turn and walk over to the pots, gesturing for her to follow. She looms behind me.

"Well, we got a couple of oak trees, a bunch of crassula ovata seeds and some.. really weird looking ones. The hell is this.." I pick up the small pot of seeds.

"H-Hydrangea.." I struggle to pronounce. I shrug.

"Dunno. Look pretty cool though." I place the pot back down.

I scan the garden. It wasn't like we were low on space, but the objective was to make sure the trees weren't taking away from any views or other plants growing in that area. Not like I'd be alive to know. Unless these are taking fourty years to be fully grown.

I tap my chin and map some good areas in my mind. "Okay.. so.."

I grab two tree pots, holding both of them to my chest. They were pretty heavy.

"Grab the other two!" I say to Petra. She does it with no problem.

I place one down in a pretty isolated spot, and another just by the shed.

"Alright, put those ones beside that dead stump over there, and the other by the garden." I clap my hands free of dirt.

She does as I say, walking back to me.