Chapter 1

Knock, knock, knock

Gajeel lazily gets up from the chair he was sitting on an heads towards the door. He passes Panther-Lilly who is curled up in a ball, napping on the sofa. He twists the door handle and opens it wide, the hinges creaking in protest. He looks out to see no one there.
"Idiotic pranksters" he growls with a scowl on his face. As he is about to shut the door he hears a small cry. He looks down. His eyes widen. He didn't know what to do.

There was a baby at his doorstep.

The small child, no bigger than his exceed Panther-Lilly, was laying in a basket, wrapped in a white blanket, hugging a letter addressed to 'whom it may concern'. Gajeel panicked. He couldn't just leave the baby on his door, but he was scared to touch small child. He did the only thing he could think of.
"LILLY!" he shouted into the house. He watched as the black exceed trotted through, wiping the sleep from his eyes.
"What is it Gajeel" he asked. He stopped at the door, being small enough to the the basket in front of him. He looked into the basket and smiled at the sleeping baby.
"Such a cute baby" he chuckled before looking up at Gageel.
"Gajeel..." he knew what Lilly was implying and shook his head. The child was not his in anyway. Lilly sighed, bringing out his wings. "We can't just leave the poor thing outside" he picked up the basket, the child still sleeping, and flew into the living room. Gajeel closed the door an followed him. Lilly placed the basket on a table. Both where unsure what to do next. They where both silent. After five minutes, Lily spoke.
"We have to get someone to help"
"Way to state the obvious" Gajeel growled. He then sighed. He thought hard about who he could ask for help....

Flashback

"GAJEEL GIVE ME BACK MY BOOK!" Levy shouted. Gajeel held her book above his head as she jumped trying to reach it
"Gi hi hi" Gajeel laughed. "What if I don't shrimp" he teased her. "Are you gonna get your brother on me or something?" Levy stopped jumping.
"Well that would be a bit hard since he is only eight" Levy told him. Gajeel dropped Levy's book.
"Really?" he asked, intrigued for some reason.
"Yeah" Levy answered, picking her book up from the floor and placing it on the table."I used to babysit him all the time when I was younger, before I joined Fairy Tail that is".

End of Flashback

"We could as the shrimp" Gajeel exclaimed. Lily smirked at him. "She was talking about how she looked after her baby brother" he growled, a tint of pink in his cheeks.
"Sure, that's the only reason" Gajeel had a desire to punch the exceed, but Lily flew off to get Levy before he had the chance.

AT THE GUILD HALL

"You want a fight ice princess!!"
"So what if I do pyro!!"
"Fight me then stripper"
"Your on you pink haired freak!"
It was a normal day at the guild. Levy was sitting by the bar with a strawberry milkshake reading the new chapter of her friend Lucy's new book. She had cleverly named it 'How To Train Your Dragon Slayer'. She had a funny feeling that the main character 'Leila' was based on her and the dragon 'Gabriel' was based on a certain iron dragon slayer. This suspicion grew when Levy saw 'Levy' scored out and Leila's name put in right beside it.
"Levy!" Levy looked up from the paper to see Panther-Lilly fly into the guild hall.
"Hey Lilly" she greeted him and looked around. "Where's Gajeel, he's normally here with you isn't he?"
"Gajeel needs your help" Lilly told her "he's gotten himself into a bit of...lets say trouble". Levy instantly put the papers she was reading in her bag before picking it up.
"Where is he?" Levy asked with a worried tone. Lilly gestured for her to follow him. She ran after the flying exceed.
"Levy-chan, where are you going?" Lucy as she tried (and failed) to stop Gray and Natu's fight. Erza was on an S class mission and had asked Mira to come along so Lucy had taken over their jobs.
"I'll be right back Lu-chan" she told her best friend "Lilly says Gajeel needs my help". Levy saw the smallest smirk on Lucy's face before running out of the guild hall, still following Panther-Lilly.

Levy followed Panther-Lilly to his and Gajeels house. Lily opened the front door. The two herd crying. The both rushed into the living room where they found Gajeel backed into the farthest corner away from the basket on the table where the crying was coming from. He looked petrified. Levy made her way over to the basket and looked inside. The baby almost instantly stopped crying when Levy's face appeared. Levy picked the baby up.
"Kawaī!" she squealed. The baby started to giggle. Levy looked over at the cowering dragon slayer.
"Gajeel..."
"No!" he exclaimed, knowing she thought the same thing Lilly first thought "why does everyone keep assuming that!" she just smiled at him and looked back at the baby.
"Boy or girl?" she asked, unable to tell as the baby had no pink or blue or any indication on it's gender. Gajeel shrugged.
"You didn't check?" she asked. His face turned the colour of Erza's hair at the thought. Levy just laughed at him. She then spotted the letter.
"Hold the baby for a second" Levy said, attempting to give the young child to Gajeel. He just backed more into corner shaking his head violently. Levy giggled. She thought it was cute. Gajeel could fight the scariest monster in existence and not even flinch, but was to scared to hold a baby. Levy just sighed and placed the baby back in the basket. She picked up the letter, opened it and read it out loud.

To Whom it may concern

I am dying. I need someone to look after my 7 month old baby. There is no one else in my life. My husband died before I could tell him I was pregnant, I don't have any family left. Please

Yours Sincerely

Yuna Akiyama

"Once again, no indication of gender" Levy sighed. She quickly undid the baby's nappy (A/N or diaper or what ever you want to call it) while it lay in the basket and checked the gender.
"Girl" she told the two boys. Levy re-did the nappy back up because, obviously, there was no others for her to change the baby girl. "She needs a name" Levy thought out loud. She turned to Gajeel and Lilly. "Any ideas?"