29 - Rare

2ND UPDATE OF THE DAY
Please makes sure not to skip the last chapter so there's no confusion(:

༻✦༺
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29
༻✦༺

2.2k words

(Y/n)'s POV
I closed the front door behind me with a yawn, and tossed my keys onto a small table in the hallway. I was about to walk up the stairs to take a quick shower before Anakin showed up, but I paused when I heard a light giggling coming from the kitchen.

I tilted my head to the side and looked around stairs to peer into the doorway that led to the kitchen area. At first I couldn't see anyone but I did notice the light was, then my aunt Satine came into view as she grabbed a bottle of wine from the island and filled her glass.

I sighed, thinking she was having another late night self-pity drinking moment, but before I could move to go and take her to bed like last time — another came into view.

"Obi-Wan?" I said aloud without thinking, causing them both to jump in surprise, my aunt nearly dropping her glass.

Both of them looked in my direction and Obi-Wan awkwardly chuckled as he scratched the back of his neck, "Uh hello (y/n), how are you?" He gave me a small wave and I took notice to his hand that looked like it was covered in flour. That's when it hit me, I totally forgot that Satine offered to give him baking lessons today.

But I also figured they'd be done by now seeing as it's nearly ten pm and if I remember correctly, they started in the evening, "I'm good," I nodded as I flickered my gaze between the two, my aunt shot me a wink and a thumbs up — which was her way of telling me that she liked him. Some may think it's quick for her to move on this early, but the poor woman had emotionally checked out of her marriage ages ago and she deserves to feel joy for once, "How's the baking going?" I leaned against the stairs wooden railing, a smile now creeping across my lips.

Obi-Wan's a good guy. I think he'd be someone good for her, wether it's temporary or for the long run.

He nodded, a little too enthusiastically, "It's great, she taught me how to make snickerdoodle's, and something called a Choclate Chiffon Cake." He said the second dessert with slight struggle, and laughed at himself.

My eyes widened as I stepped off of the stairs and walked towards them, "Please tell me there are left-overs."

Satine smiled as she held out a plate that had both desserts on it, "You think I wouldn't save you a little something? Especially since those two kids rummaged through most of it and had an insane sugar rush," She shook her head with a sigh as I took the plate from her hand, "They we're both bouncing off the walls."

Obi-Wan shook his head with her, "Now you see why I said I never give Ahsoka sugar."

"Ahoska's here?" I asked curiously as I took a bite of the cookie and nearly fainted from the delightful taste. I'm being dramatic of course, but it was damn good, "And thank you, these are amazing."

I need to convince her to open her own bakery somewhere in town. It would give her a steady independent income, and I'm positive it'll be a hot spot.

Obi-Wan nodded as he grabbed a rag and began wiping the excess of ingredients from his hands, "Yes, I believe she passed out on the couch with Cal about an hour or two ago."