Chapter 17: Backstabbing a Friend

Empty.

Empty is the word that Jaehyun would describe his feelings right now. He has always thought of himself as a strong minded person with little to no weakness.

But he's wrong. 

When it comes to love, everyone breaks down. 

Jaehyun's phone glared in the dark as his dark solemn eyes reflected the texts on his phone. He scrolled through the conversation between him and Taeyong's, smiling as he read the old text. He kept on scrolling until the last text that Taeyong sent. 

No matter how many times Jaehyun has read it, it still feels like a hammer to his heart. It's not quite like a sharp pain, it's more like a dull throbbing that lingers for a long time.

Jaehyun closed his phone and winced in pain.

'What a way to start a Saturday '   he thought

Jaehyun still remembered that first time he read the texts, he thought it was a prank at first but when Taeyong didn't reply and blocked him instead, he felt his heart drop. He kept on thinking what happened and what went wrong. Was it him? Was it something about him that Taeyong didn't like anymore?

A part of him still believed that Taeyong would never do this to him and his phone probably got hacked but after the encounter at school, it was confirmed. 

But there was still a glimmer of hope that wouldn't leave him. It just kept on budging and bugging him. Jaehyun glanced down at his ring and traced his finger over the bronze antlers. He still remembered the moment Taeyong gave him the ring. He felt so ecstatic and euphoric. He felt like he was on cloud 9.  He finally thought that he found someone to spend his life with. 

Jaehyun had dated plenty of people before but they were usually girls that just want to get into his pants but not his heart. No one treated him like Taeyong did. 

He left his room as he wandered downstairs and opened his fridge. He grabbed a bottle of cold water and sighed. He has never realized how much Taeyong impacted his life. He got so used to Taeyong being with him that everything felt empty without him. He would usually be texting or going out with Taeyong but now he's sitting alone in his kitchen. He tried to call Taeyong several times but he wouldn't pick up. He even tried to find Taeyong on the day that they met after the text but couldn't find him anywhere after he ran off. 

Jaehyun had half the heart to go to Taeyong's house and he had done it before but Taeyong wouldn't open the door no matter how many times he knocked. He pleaded at his doorsteps and even cried but Taeyong wouldn't open.